noob low pass frequency questions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay all i see is a bunch of newbs here giving poor advice what are you guys talking about put your settings on your radio is fine at 80 but your amp is too high put that down to what your box is tuned at.

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I also blew the shit outta two cheap ass mtx terminator 12s with the amp lol

you also didnt have that amp set right if you blew subs as you didnt do your math x = subs to 10th of power of the amp not to mention anything on that amp over 60 percent is problably distortion

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

hey yall. I have a kenwood head unit. it has a low pass frequency setting for the sub output. My question is this : If I have the low pass frequency set at 80hz on the head unit, Should I have it set at 80hz on the amps crossover as well ? or should turn the low pass crossover on the amp to the highest frequency, then adjust it using the low pass crossover on the head unit ? or set it to through on the head unit and use the low pass crossover on the amp itself ?

Go one way or another man. Should be fine!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I know some of the stuff is a few years old and on the entry level but it is ok stuff in like new condition . And I'm using high quality wiring and signal cables as well.

define high quality and signal cables do you mean RCAs

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I think to better answer your question we need exact model numbers of the equipment you are using. A JL Audio amp will have very different EQ section and control when comparing it to a Rockford amp. Also need to know if you are using a vented or sealed enclosure. Using the Head LPF controls allow you to tune from the listening position instead of tuning from where your amp is which when tuning subs isn't as critical and mids and highs.

The quick answer is pick a familiar track start tweaking settings and try it both ways and tune it to what sounds good to you.

Exact model numbers? lol

Guy is asking whether to use his amp or headunit to set at 80hz

LPF and EQ are 2 different things

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Are you telling me or him some amps have a bass EQ Shirlock Holmes. Model of the amp would be useful info don't you think? I know the difference between a passive / active filter and an Eq

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

okay all i see is a bunch of newbs here giving poor advice what are you guys talking about put your settings on your radio is fine at 80 but your amp is too high put that down to what your box is tuned at.

WTF how is this good advice his box is sealed NOOB sai bot

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

go back and learn how to tune amps with your 325.1 you can still set a frequency responce with a sealed box though it will not tune like a ported box most sealed boxes hit at a 45 to 50 htz and when you set it lower you can get the draw back learn wtf your talking about dont temp me fool

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Archived