noob low pass frequency questions

So would you play 10 hz on your subs in a sealed box full tilt!!?

Why would I play 10hz ever? To call elephants?

you essentially said sealed boxes are so great that you don't need a subsonic filter for one

Hmmm did? I thought what I said was much funnier

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys read more and bashed people less maybe you could actually help someone

i think you should take your own advice. After reading your status update and then finding your posts because it piqued my interest you definitely should read more and post less. If you keep on the path you are going you arent going to make any friends and there will come a time when your limited knowledge needs help with something and no one will take the time to help.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I put links to everything I have at the beginning of this post. I am running kicker 4 gauge power and ground and smd twisted rcas

Not that the subs I upgraded to are any better, but so far no problems. I have the gain on the amp turned all the way down. I am running just a tad of bass boost, like +2db and I have the low pass on the head unit at 80hz and the low pass on the amp at about 80hz as well. its kind of a guessing game with the amp though because it goes from 40hz up to 150hz. There are no numbers to indicate between the 40hz and the 150hz, Just 5 lil dots. Using some math I've figured out each dot is about 27.5hz so the first dot after 40hz is 67.5, The second is 95hz,and so on until you get to 150hz.

Archived