So I got a phone call from the police today....

kind of funny too, as I was driving pretty crazy, to get to work on time, and right as I flew into the parking lot, my cell phone rings, I pick it up as I'm coming to a fast stop, and the guy says, this is Officer ####### with the Fairfield PD...... For just a second I was thinking, WTF ???

Oh yea', I tried to call them a couple days ago, with a question about super bright or chrome finishes on cars... But had to leave a message... of course, right ?

So anyway, the answer was, "No" Their are currently no regulations restricting any paint or auto finishes > except that a car cannot be made to look like a police car (blk w wht doors). I even told him I could see how a neon colored car could distract somebody to the point of an accident. He said, he could see that too, but "no". You would not be sited for a crazy bright, or chrome finish on your car.

Granted, if your car has "any other little thing illegal about it" it will be the one to stick out like a sore thumb....

So talking to the freaking cop, I was still late for work :(

Peace,

Fish

West Coast Customs did a chrome car a while back. Instead of dipping the panels, they had some spray on chemicals that turned a special base coat to chrome or something like that... If I could afford the chemical and sprayers setup they had (and had a cooler car lol...) I would totally do it. I think the one they did was a badass Audi iirc.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

how can i neon colored car distract someone to the point of an accident? i can see a car that's painted with that chrome paint that can reflect sunlight into another car but just a color..

Because people are fucking stupid.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I dunno'.... Say the person is 80 yo, and for the last 60 years, the only thing they ever saw that was this bright orange, was emergency flags, cones, etc.... Then, you end up "in their face" without them seeing you coming... surprise ! :) I could see them just laying on the brakes :) I mean, it might be kind of funny if nobody got hurt, but I'm just saying...

Fish

PS, Oh, and yes totally > because people are fucking stupid :) I thought that went without saying :) LOL

how can i neon colored car distract someone to the point of an accident? i can see a car that's painted with that chrome paint that can reflect sunlight into another car but just a color..

Because people are fucking stupid.

West Coast Customs did a chrome car a while back. Instead of dipping the panels, they had some spray on chemicals that turned a special base coat to chrome or something like that... If I could afford the chemical and sprayers setup they had (and had a cooler car lol...) I would totally do it. I think the one they did was a badass Audi iirc.

That was the Tron Audi. Super bad ass.

wcc-tron-night-003.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CA

I believe Steve has pics of it too, from a show in Vegas a while back.

gv0yY.png

LOL

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived