NEW PRODUCT! SMD SunFlash - UV Activated Polyester Resin (AVAILABLE NOW!)

i was looking into something like this a while ago and found some on ebay, it is pretty expensive. but never pulled the trigger to try it.

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

What about the type of uv light if you can't necessarily get it into the sun?

UV light is UV light no matter where it comes from, weather it's the sun or whatever...but I'm not sure if this stuff needs a certain intensity. I think Steve said a few posts back that if you have UV lamps that will work too.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

@Steve

Good shit man, better that you package it for what everyone needs and guys this stuff is a lot easier to work with vs the other stuff its nice to see someone helping out to make these things done right. Lots of these guys cant buy buy the DRUM

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

What about the type of uv light if you can't necessarily get it into the sun?

UV light is UV light no matter where it comes from, weather it's the sun or whatever...but I'm not sure if this stuff needs a certain intensity. I think Steve said a few posts back that if you have UV lamps that will work too.

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

I have a shop light with two four foot bulbs that I think would probably do the trick. Either way this stuff sounds good to work with. Especially for first timers.

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

very interesting.....my only question (and it might be a dumb one) is do you have to cure each layer 1 at a time, or can you bang out 4-5 layers and still have it able to cure all the way through? In a sense, it wouldn't matter so much being that the wait time is so low, but I'm more curious as to whether or not the resin cures through layers like a regular polyester resin would, or you have to treat each one.

you can reapply more right away. You can sand right away too. :) You have a "floobie-doobie", or a "flapper-dapper" (some glass that wont stay down)?, just hold it with a stick or your finger with rubber glove on and it will set up right in front of you (out in the sunlight).

I definitely like that....this will save a monster amount of time waiting to cure.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Could I use a UV light bulb from a tanning bed to activate it instead of the sun?

Here you go guys, he says you can use a UV light right in the very first post of this thread... :good:

oh, you can get UV lights that work just as good as the sun, for those times you can't bring the project outside.

more info soon!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1