NEW PRODUCT! SMD SunFlash - UV Activated Polyester Resin (AVAILABLE NOW!)

Deeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaammmmnnn. Plz post link sir!!! Also what makes it, so it only cures in sunlight (uv)? Thats pretty fucking cool!

Edited by kevgnar
On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

UV light comes in all shapes and sizes (other than from the sun). Pet lamps (fish and reptiles, etc), florescent bulbs and more.

The sun puts off UV between 300 and 700 NM (UVA and UVB combined), so if you find a light that puts off the same, then it will work exactly like the sun (300-700 is only thing that makes it through the ozone).

Weather, altitude, latitude, and time of year play a factor in the amount UVs from the sun. If he is saying 1-2 minutes, I would guess it may fluctuate some, but not much between light bulbs, sun and area. Heat has nothing to do with UV, since UV is a wave length.

A black light works fine..

http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_Description.asp_Q_intProductID_E_44405 (370nm)

Unless I am mistaken lol. BTW, I am in!!

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Wow!! Just as I'm about to glass my doors!! I'm down for some ask g as its not too expensive

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I was just going to post the similar info as sayhuh.

I was asking steve about the light a weak ago.. and he said some should work iirc.

But your not going to get that amount of uva - uvb light output from a reptile bulb.

I use reptisun 10.0 bulbs for my parrot since he gets little natural light in the winter which is something birds, especially exotic birds need.

These are some of the strongest reptile bulbs on the market.

But beware because some come in uva alone, and some are uvb, however if the bulb IS uvb it automatically is uva, but not vice versa!!!

These reptile bulbs are weak, they are made to be right on the side of cages, or ontop, the farther away they get the weaker they are.

a 10.0 bulb is only putting out 10% of uva/uvb from the actual light output of the bulb.

A 24inch T8 10.0 uva/uvb bulb is only putting out about 35mw at a 8inch height, 55mw at about 5inches away. mw = micro watts.

As for black lights, I know they are stronger, a lot stronger and iirc they are uva, uvb, uvc. I done lots of research on the lighting and i thought I bookmarked a thread on a reptile forum that done intensive comparisons of reptile bulb but cant seem to find it. ;(

Is shipping going to be a bitch since its a hazmat?

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

I was just going to post the similar info as sayhuh.

I was asking steve about the light a weak ago.. and he said some should work iirc.

But your not going to get that amount of uva - uvb light output from a reptile bulb.

I use reptisun 10.0 bulbs for my parrot since he gets little natural light in the winter which is something birds, especially exotic birds need.

These are some of the strongest reptile bulbs on the market.

But beware because some come in uva alone, and some are uvb, however if the bulb IS uvb it automatically is uva, but not vice versa!!!

These reptile bulbs are weak, they are made to be right on the side of cages, or ontop, the farther away they get the weaker they are.

a 10.0 bulb is only putting out 10% of uva/uvb from the actual light output of the bulb.

A 24inch T8 10.0 uva/uvb bulb is only putting out about 35mw at a 8inch height, 55mw at about 5inches away. mw = micro watts.

As for black lights, I know they are stronger, a lot stronger and iirc they are uva, uvb, uvc. I done lots of research on the lighting and i thought I bookmarked a thread on a reptile forum that done intensive comparisons of reptile bulb but cant seem to find it. ;(

It depends on the black light used, but all put out about the same nm. as far as fluorescent bulbs go. Most, I believe are UVA, but I think you can get a mixture UVA, UVB. Something to do with phosphor. Speaking of birds. I love my Hybrid Macaw. :)

Use of reptile bulbs will still work, but time to cure may slow.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown