Second Skin Audio

Can raising the tuning of a box gain db (4 sundown zv3 18s)

It probably depends on the vehicle, Fecupe tested tuning higher, and he lost a db, but he also said it's very vehicle dependent.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

you're doing two things. raising tuning and increasing the air space in the box. so the box becomes more efficient with more air space and if you get closer to your vehicle's peak frequency the score should go up. these are not great things to change for a daily setup and if you're just looking for it to sound louder, it wont do much for you. if you want higher numbers on the meter then I bet this has a good chance of doing that for you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

when figuring out your new tuning, did you factor in the addition of .4 cubes of airspace you gained from cutting down your port?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

really need you guys help on this, now obviously 17.5 cubes is a little to small for four 18s, even though it can work and my box does sound good i no it can sound better by changing some things. my port is pretty big and takes up to much space in my box and its removable, and im thinking about taking it out to gain some cubes and do a diffrent port in there that wont take up so many cubes. look at these pictures and you guys tell me if you think my port is taking up to much space, and what i can do. when you take the port out there is a opening of 36"w . 12"L . What could I do?

photo3-3.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-17_zps48a9ea8b.jpg

Archived