Dual 120GB or Single 250GB SSD?

Single drive. If you're running RAID 0 and something goes wrong with the controller, the array, or one of your drives you will lose all of your data. If you have a single drive there are less potential issues.

You also won't notice any difference between a single 840 Pro and 2 840's in RAID. They're so fast anyway it won't make any difference.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Depends on the raid controller. I've restored directly to an array with a win 7 image on nvidia and Intel controllers. Ymmv

You do backup, don't you?!? Lol

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Depends on the raid controller. I've restored directly to an array with a win 7 image on nvidia and Intel controllers. Ymmv

You do backup, don't you?!? Lol

It can be done but it's not at all worth the effort when you can just buy a single drive and never worry about it in the first place. Backups should happen either way if it's important data regardless of how many drives you're running.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Yeah but its nearly twice as fast. Been on 3 ssd raid for 2 years now no problems and still doing 500+ MB/s. Believe me its worth it.

2007 Pacifica

Single drive. If you're running RAID 0 and something goes wrong with the controller, the array, or one of your drives you will lose all of your data. If you have a single drive there are less potential issues.

You also won't notice any difference between a single 840 Pro and 2 840's in RAID. They're so fast anyway it won't make any difference.

Ok, I'm going to call BS on this one.

What issues? Rate of failure doesnt increase in a raid config, especially with a new chipset that supports TRIM in RAID.

RAID 0 with SSD's is about a 95% increase in speed. You're looking at 1 GIG per second. A single drive is about 550. How is that not "noticeable"?

Yeah, if you use raid 0 you can lose the whole logical drive if just one disk fails. Raid 5 is too slow to use on a software raid with no buffer, and raid 1 is kinda pointless outside of a server.

But speed is speed. Raid 0 > single all day long. That's the only way I can get video encoding to use all my CPU... stupid to have a fast CPU if the drives can't keep up.

2007 Pacifica

Archived