Im having trouble making a box to fit behind the seat of my single cab s10. i talked to someone who has put two 12" level 3s behind his, and i even got the dimensions of his box but it wont fit! i already ordered one of my subwoofers so there isnt any turning back now but I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips or solutions. and yes i know i should do a blow through but i dont have the money. please help!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try using lube?

oh, wait, title was misleading. lol but seriously, he probably had to move the seats ahead a fair bit to fit the box..

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

well really, I don't understand how you are having trouble, wider on the bottom, then narrows at the top, so it matches the incline of the seats, move seats ahead, get dimensions for the gap, build box, slide it in. At which point are you struggling at? hard to help when all we know is " Im having trouble... " more info, and we can help!

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

well really, I don't understand how you are having trouble, wider on the bottom, then narrows at the top, so it matches the incline of the seats, move seats ahead, get dimensions for the gap, build box, slide it in. At which point are you struggling at? hard to help when all we know is " Im having trouble... " more info, and we can help!

well the dimensions the guy gave me dont fit in mine, and it has to be deep enough to put 2 12" level 3s in there

X2 for misleading title :lol:

Are you able to move the seats up a little to make room OP?

As stated above, its probably seat position. Not just forward and backward, could also be the incline. Also did other person remove carpet. Doesn't sound like a lot but that could change it just enough.

Edit: not sure but does your truck have plastic panels on back of cab?

Also a picture could help us help you.

Trim pieces cover alot of area like Ben stated.

As stated above, its probably seat position. Not just forward and backward, could also be the incline. Also did other person remove carpet. Doesn't sound like a lot but that could change it just enough.

Edit: not sure but does your truck have plastic panels on back of cab?

idk if he removed the carpet but ya the box hits on the top and i plan on making it more on a angle when my woofer gets here but then i have to re tune it and thats hard for me to do :/

Also a picture could help us help you.

Trim pieces cover alot of area like Ben stated.

i got pics here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165362-2-12-inch-dc-level-3s-in-single-cab-truck/ only the top, bottom, and sides are put together so far

Archived