Sonic Electronix

audiobahn. good? bad? not a verse thread

I had their subs. Had one of their higher end subs. The immortal series and it sucked. I've had their lower line too. They are made for show. That's my 2 cents

really? i had a single 15 inch immortal at one point in time and ran it at a 2 ohm load on an old punch 45 hd and it slammed in my civic i had at the time. was puting roughly 1000 watts to it. im not saying id go to comp with them but in my opinion they sound great for a daily driver.

Yeah. It got very smelly quick. Paid 20$ bucks for it brand new of a drug dealer haha

lol. dam drug dealers selling bunk products. go figure. lol.

ive heard both good and bad things about them ive personally never owned anything audiobahn but a friend of mine has 4- immortal series 12" and 2 of there big ass flane amps and they dont sound bad at all its really all about your preference if you like them and are happy with the sound then nothing else matters

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

It don't matter what other people think bro, if it works for your application and your happy with it, that's all that matters.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I had 2 15's i mean They moved enough air to put out a lighter flame. but they didnt last long on 1k rms when each sub was rated 1000rms...

they are decent but id rather have kicker comps over audiobahns

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

i had the immortals they got loud like kicker l7 loud

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I've did a couple builds for them back in the day and my brother and I still have an amp each from them A180001DT's and I have it pushing 2 DD9518's and it's not doing to bad. Way underpowered but thats my fault not the amps. My bro is shipping me his so I can strap them. My point is everyone I have ever met that has had audiobahn has had it at an entry level point and killed them. Either entry level as is cheaper equipment or when they first got into audio and couldn't set a gain with an o-scope if it killed them. If you get into their better equipment just like with any company it's just fine but it's is retardedly flashy. I have a 12" Immortal setting beside me with quad 1ohm coils that is from 2001. It has a ton of great technology from being that old but it was before it's time when high output alternators and agm batteries where readily available so it struggled finding a place in the audio world. (plus was expensive) I believe one of the first vehicles to do a 160 used 6 audiobahn 15's and was in an extended cab S10. So my point being if you like it run it, every company has nut huggers so it just depends on who's nuts you want to put your hands on.

I've did a couple builds for them back in the day and my brother and I still have an amp each from them A180001DT's and I have it pushing 2 DD9518's and it's not doing to bad. Way underpowered but thats my fault not the amps. My bro is shipping me his so I can strap them. My point is everyone I have ever met that has had audiobahn has had it at an entry level point and killed them. Either entry level as is cheaper equipment or when they first got into audio and couldn't set a gain with an o-scope if it killed them. If you get into their better equipment just like with any company it's just fine but it's is retardedly flashy. I have a 12" Immortal setting beside me with quad 1ohm coils that is from 2001. It has a ton of great technology from being that old but it was before it's time when high output alternators and agm batteries where readily available so it struggled finding a place in the audio world. (plus was expensive) I believe one of the first vehicles to do a 160 used 6 audiobahn 15's and was in an extended cab S10. So my point being if you like it run it, every company has nut huggers so it just depends on who's nuts you want to put your hands on.

lol. not really trying to nut hug. was more of just to see who has owned and like thier products in the past and now and what people think of them. id use them regardless. they fit my budget i had and will work good for my build. plus they'll be fine as im only running like 250 rms each when they are rated for 300. ive had a lot of audiobahn products in the past and i like them. im a fan of rockford and kicker too. when i do my final build in my blazer i plan on using all sundown. 2 sa 15s will sound real nice. lol. they will just be retired to the wifes car when im done with them. they will put out more than enouf bass for her :)

Archived