Well its time i started my own personal build log, this will be my first ever documented on SMD, so everyone please be kind. I recently(within the last few months) bought myself a 2006 Trailblazer. I've been planing a build in one of these for a long time now, and now that my life is going in a good direction and that I have steady cash-flow(first salary based job for me :drink40:) I have the means to do so. I've already done a few things to it as listed in my signature, but will be posting pics ITT of what is already done and what is to come. For me this is more of a budget build ATM but has potential/ am planning on turning it into a nice ground-pounder later on in it's life.

Well her she is, not too shabby. Still needs a lot of work... So keep watching this thread for more updates. Although between work and school things might be slow for the first couple weeks but i will be bumping before the end of April.

IMAG0408.jpg

If you noticed the front wheel my tire on the stock wheel basically ruptured, is still okay to mount a new wheel on but i have other plans...

IMAG0409.jpg

i forgot to take a pic from the back but its nothing special besides the over-sized ridiculous ski-doo sticker.. that will be getting removed...

This next was the factory battery replacement/ upgrade...

IMAG0351.jpg

This was me "fitting" the new battery rack/ mount...

IMAG0356-1.jpg

IMAG0357-1.jpg

IMAG0359-1.jpg

Just a top view...

IMAG0360-1.jpg

The day after these were taken i went up to the welding shop and ripped out the factory battery+/box and fitted the new rack/mount in its place and welded/ bolted it in...

IMAG0361-1.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

The black on the top clamp is temporary(plasti-dip) it will match the car once i paint it, hopefully sometime before my birthday.

BTW the battery replacement/ modification worked out alright, but i wouldn't say that i would advise it. At least not in the same manner I did so. Mainly because if you arent careful the hood will actually hit the top of the battery which could potentially be very bad. i just mad sure to use caution and checked and rechecked everything like 10 times before i even laid the first tack. and even with that the insulation on the underside of the hood actually touches one corner of the battery. I've made sure it isnt an issue, through a lot of time wasting crap and determined everything should be okay.

now im not done under the hood just yet, waiting on wire right now to do big 3 and still debating on what/ how i want to do the terminals...

Another thing ive already done may cause some butt-hurtness, seeing how as of now i want to keep the factory radio/ speakers until i have extra money to redo it all at once. i installed a USA SPEC iPod interface w/ AUX cord. It works through the factory XM(which i dont use anyway) To me it sounds very clean and the control-ability is shotty at best through the radio itself but there is a direct control feature which i always use and never have a problem with. I installed the box up underneath the center counsel behind the radio basically on the floor. and ran my lead wire out through my center counsel storage area, with a rubber gromet.

IMAG0328-1.jpg

IMAG0327-1.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

now i didnt take a pic of where the box is mainly because i cant get a good shot of it.

Looks nice, what kinda system do you plan on putting in there? And I'm assuming bigger rims are in order? :D

Most definitely, i actually already have them at home i planned on posting them in here when i get off work...

the last thing that ive done to date is a modification to the factory headlamp control cluster, i wanted someplace different to mount my amp control nob to so i put it where the fog light button would have been if i had that option...

IMAG0330_BURST001.jpg

the 2 little holes you see do stand a purpose, then line up almost precisely with the LEDs in the control box, and i will be using clear silicon or maybe a clear resin to fill them so the light up like i want when the system is on...

IMAG0334.jpg

i cut out all that i had to to make it fit and not look to "aftermarket" form the front at least

IMAG0413.jpg

well thats all that has been done so far but i do have a few more pics and ill be adding a couple more when i get home...

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

these were all taken the day i got it some 17-18 months ago, and here it sat pretty much for all that time... unused... unappreciated... unloved...

DSC_0265.jpg

like i said, thats all for now but LOTS MORE PICS TO COME! :rockwoot:

Edit: MOAR PICS(teasers)

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

SO I dont know how i forgot to mention my HID kit install. here are the pics dont have any compare and contrast sadly of what the stock bulbs throw was,. but i can tell you these are way brighter and make any reflective surface visible for at least 1 miles away, no joke. anyone i give a ride at night comment on it.

IMAG0271_BURST002_COVER.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Archived