Second Skin Audio

nervous about upgrade from kicker cvr12s to soundstream 15" SPLX

I really want to upgrade my whole car with soundstream but im nervous about swapping out my subs for a single 15. My kicker cvr 12s are unnaturally hard hitting http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gUflYkQYPvJ/p_2067DCVR12/Kicker-07DCVR122.html. These push crazy air and fex my rear windshield on my 2g eclipse. I want to make my car a pure Soundstream speaker car though and i want to upgrade to a 15" SPLX-152HF subwoofer powered by the TX1.1300D subwoofer. I DO NOT want to sacrifice spl. Does anyone have experience upgrading from kicker to soundstream subs?

Why do only one brand? Why not figure your max airspace and power...then go with what subs fit the bill the best...not jsut because they are a certain company.

IMO I would take the Soundstream sub over a CVR anyday..but thats just my opinion. But for the money I think there are better sub/subs to be had, and ones that might fit your space and power limitations better.

How much room do you have to work with in your eclipse?

Do you have a prefab box? Box specs? for the current setup and what you are thinking for the 15?

Edit: Just realized your link was to two sealed cvr12's..

I would bet money that soundstream sub in a nicely built ported enclosure will be much louder then the cvr's

idk how much you ar epaying but for the 380 i see it for online...I would look at some other offerings that could handle more power..or even a dual 12 setup again with bette subs on that 1300w.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i have the whole trunk space to play with. Thinking about using this box (http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164267-soundstream-splx-15-box-help/) I want to have all soundstream because i am just really attracted to their product line. (plus the spider looks cool haha)

ever since i saw this video i fell in love with soundstream

do you want me to run out and measure trunk real quick?

what if i were to use the same box but put two SPLX-122HF in it? would that be louder than one 15 splx-152hf? I just like have a bigger sub...too used to the average 12 inches

More cone area wins. IMO...

Even if you get a 15 or a 12...theya r ethe same motor structure just different baskets and larger softparts on the 15.

Why so attracted to the 15"? if its for the wow factor I understand and in that case get a 15 and go for it. Now if your under the impression/or someone else told you the 15 hits lower...that is wrong. I would take the 2-12's in a trunk and do a box properly ported....

IMO for that much money you could do 2-SA12's on that 1300w....I would bet its louder and can play jsut as low as the single 15" setup you are wanting.

And no I'm not a Sundown Nuthugger..but I gave my sa12 1000+w clipped like a newb for months and it handled it like a champ.

Here..

Fall in love with sundown. LOL.

and jsut because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WaWardmJw

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Or fall in love with DC

4-10's

Or FI

4 ssd 12's...I don't like his amp setup..but fexes the hell outta his truck.

Or AA

not relevant..but i dont care. Fuckin mayhems get down in a tline on 4k clamped

Or etc...there is a reason people on here use what the use. Look at some sigs..and send people PM's about their gear and what they like/dislike about it. Don't start any vs threads but for your money I htink you could do better.

Thats just my opinion though.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

2 Soundquebed sdc 2.5 12s for some good bump. Or HDC3 15". Both amazing subs an great for the price too. I have just 1 HDC3 12" I hit 144.7 on the meter out of the trunk, so even a good single 12" setup can really beat. U just gotta get that box right.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

• 11 months later...

I know this topic is from last year but thought I would throw this out there. Im running 2 SPLX-122HF. they are loud but if your wanting flex the HF series is not what you want to go with. this is a High frequency sub likes around the 40-50Hz range

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived