Your first computer - what was it?

How's this for old school:

Texas Instruments Ti-99

http://oldcomputers.net/ti994a.html

Don't remember the exact year but we're talkin' mid to late 80's.

Traded a neighbor a Tonka dump truck for it (the real all-metal versions) :D

Used to spend HOURS programming BASIC just make some colored squares flash on the screen.

Would usually stay up all night messing with it cuz if I turned it off all the code would disappear.. :(

I must not have had a ROM cartridge or something.

The computer just plugged into the family's living room TV through an RF modulator.

As in an OLD ~25" tube console TV.....No flatscreens back then.

Then I think I had an Apple IIe and then my folks finally got a Gateway2000 PC in 1992.

I think it had a 25MHz processor and something like a 40MB HDD. :trippy:

Those old school games always bring back the best memories...

Of course Oregon Trail.

Eamon (and a few other text based adventure games)

Deja vu

Moraff's World

Leasure-suit Larry ;)

Many many others.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

First computer was a custom built cheap desktop from my dad

intel celeron 1.3Ghz processor, I only know because it sits in my dresser drawer now

no idea on ram

then went through another custom older computer and then a gateway with pentium 4 and 1GB of ram and firewall

all systems were xp when I got em

no idea what the computers were when I used as a kid but played those old mickey mouse games and a partial tomb raider demo my dad had along with freddy the fish

now I'm sitting with a dell vostro 17" laptop 2.2Ghz Core 2 duo 4GB of ram 160GB hdd and dvd burner nvidia 8600gt m and a 1920x1200 screen harvested from a 17" inspiron after the original 1440 x900 died

this laptop is a tank, found out when I got it in 12th grade from my dad that it was magnesium alloy and it sure came take a hit lol

this one got me used to trying to avoid corners with my school bag which most laptops would lose a screen if they hit like this did

and my main now

lenovo y570

2nd gen core i7 2.2GHz base clock, 8GB of ram 256GB ssd bluray drive nvidia gt555m (sadly this is the crippled version with 2/3 core of original but clocked higher) and of course the other sad moment, it's a 1366x768, but it'll place most current games you throw at it, and folding@home

and of course the best use 8-12 min dvd and 45 - 1hr and 15 min bluray conversions to mp4 using handbrake

while I'm here, does anyone know common failures to an apple 2 c plus, I got it a few years back in votech from an instructor and tried to figure out what to put on it to get it to like factory with software but gave up and a year later it won't turn on :(

Edited by Nathan Daniel Galen

My first computer was a DELL computer, back in 1995 i think it was, it had a 300 mhz pentium processor, 2 gigabyte hard drive 15 inch screen and could support a whopping 56k dial up, and was computer of the year from some computer magazine, the price on it was around $4,000.

By the time everything was added, scanner and printer, it was a $5,000 setup, that was outdated within 2 or 3 months. LOL

My lap top i have right now, a gateway, has 250 gig hard drive, downloads at 20 mbps from cable modem, and i paid $399 for it its a gateway, I also have 3 other computers, and all combined cost no where even close to that one Dell from 95, lol It also crashed completely beyond use 3 years later

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

You guys are making me feel old. Mine was the TRS-80 coco (color computer), 0.89MHz Motorola processor, 16k RAM, external cassette tape drive, TV for monitor. In 1980 it sold for $500. That would be about $2000 today. By comparison the processor in the IM-SG runs at 20MHz has 16k Flash memory, costs $5 and is the size of a dime.

Edited by TonyD'Amore

I was three when my grandfather bought me my first computer, I don't remember much but I know it had an awesome Turbo button, probably like 16MB of RAM which back in 1995 was pretty top of the line, and it had a 'Pentium Pro' CPU clocked at like 90MHz, running Windows 95. I remember all the games on CD's I had that would always be left out of there cases.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

You guys are making me feel old. Mine was the TRS-80 coco (color computer), 0.89MHz Motorola processor, 16k RAM, external cassette tape drive, TV for monitor. In 1980 it sold for $500. That would be about $2000 today. By comparison the processor in the IM-SG runs at 20MHz has 16k Flash memory, costs $5 and is the size of a dime.

I did my programming on the TRS-80 Model 4 (network4) We had a shared external hard drive of 30meg that you would have to turn on and wait about a min before booting any of the machines... I think we had about 20 to 25 machines that connected via twisted pair to the hard drive...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg