Sundown Audio

2 hifonc bre2500 strapped for 1 hi fi sp4 15

SQbrian814

so Was Wondering If AnyoNe Has Any Thoughts On A Sq Setup With A Hi Fi Sp4 15? Currently I Have Hifonics Brutus2500, 1700 @2 0Hms Would Like To Run At 2 As Its A Daily Driver. Considering Getting A Second Bre Strapping So Id Have 5000 @2 oOhms In Therory Anyways But Still Plenty Of Head Room. Any Experience With These? And Electrical System Not A Concern Big 3 3/0 Wire 275 Dc Alt Xs 3500 Batteries X3

hifonics? SP4? both have absolutely nothing to do with SQ what so ever, the SP4 can be a great sounding sub in ground pounding and SPL applications but it is not an SQ sub.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

you wont get any SQ out of the hifonics amps

although i agree the sp4 is not an sq sub and neither is the SMD and look at steve runing it as an SQ setup. as long as the gains are down and its not pounding it will sound great

i've always heard that the SMD was like an SQL monster, either way if true SQ is the OP's goal I doubt he will achieve it with the setup he has planned, besides i'm pretty sure most of meades SQ in the lexus comes from everything else in the system besides the SMD, it's there for that extra bump when he wants it haha. Atleast that's my understanding of his intentions for the lexus.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Oh Man Id LoVe To Grow Some Big Balls And Do That But Unfortunatly Have To Have Room For Car Seats Or The Misses Would HaVe My Balls. So Thats Why I Opted For The Sp4 Big Sub Good Quality I HaVe Boxes For 2 10S That Come Up Through The Rear Deck And A Hifonics1200.2 So Need SOme Good Tens That Take 600 Rms Im A Roughly 1 Cube Box Sealed.

Hum Interesting Comments Guess I Should Say When I Said Sq I Should HaVe Gone With SouNds Good, CleaN Loud , Daily Driver Not Sq Comp Or Anything Like That, But Even So.I. HaVe The Space Amp And Boxes FOr 2 10S To Fill In For Sound Quality Cause I Know The Sp4 Puts Out Decient Spl. Kimda Like The Comment About The Smd SouNds Good Because Of Everyrhing Else, THe Sp Is KInda For Flipping The Switch To Put Out SoMe Spl. Any One Recomend A Pair Of Tens For SouNd Quality Sealed Box @ 1 Cube Each?

Archived