Second Skin Audio

looking to upgrade DC AUDIO or soundstream

HELP! im looking to ugrade my subwoofers in my 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse (base). I currently have two Kicker cvrs pushing MASSIVE air. However i am getting a complete Soundstream makeover. In a previous post i asked about SPLXs and was told that there were better cheaper subs out there and DC Audio subs were mentioned. I really like the idea of all soundstream but if i can find a better DC Audio sub for around the same price or cheaper then i would be very inclined to get DC AUDIO subs instead. If it matters I was planning on buy the Soundstream 15" SPLX subwoofer ($350) and power it with the Soundstream Tarantula (TX1.1300D) amp ($179). If i get a better sub for cheaper (or same price) i would prefer it be an 18" but if its more expensive then ill get a 15".

If anyone has experience with either one or both i would love to hear your story/advice. Also Tell me if there is a BETTER 18" DC woofer than the 15" SPLX for cheaper.

Their shouldnt be any comparison between the two. I went from 2 cvr 12s to 2 dc m2 8"s and my 8s are almost as loud as my cvrs. Will be louder when ever i do my blow through. I know for a fact they will be just as loud as the cvrs were if i could stick them in a 1 cube apiece box like the cvrs had. Old set up was 2 cvr 12 on a PA 1200.2? I think it was their bamf series may have been 1800 i just rember it was 375 rms(what they said it was) per channel at 2 ohm. But id defintly do dc over SS a other thing u should factor in is recone ability and ease of parts. And resale value. But thats just my thoughts take it as you may lol thought id chime in since i came from cvrs also

my cvrs are these...http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gUflYkQYPvJ/p_2067DCVR12/Kicker-07DCVR122.html. Rear windshield FLEXS and the port is crazy huge. I just dont want to downsize on spl. I would like an 18 but i have no idea if the spl will be better than these

anybody want to post pics or vids of their setups it would be greatly appreciated

Archived