Sundown Audio

Adding an amp with factory amp'd system

ThreehundredC

Take the LOC and connect it to the rear 2 speakers full range then run that in to your hifonics 2000.4 use the RCA line output of the 2000.4 to connect rca input for your sub amp its not that complicated. Take a look at my build log I did the same thing you are trying to do except I don't have a LOC anymore I used a JL 500/1 which can do the same thing as a loc. All you need is an amp that can pass-thru a FULL RANGE SIGNAL to another amp it doesn't matter which one is first. You don't need to buy anything else.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166785-05-dodge-magnum-rt/

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

i have an older axxess or something all silver chrome looking LOC they took out and swapped for this PAC thing said its what i needed when i went from stock to sub n amp

its been hangin off the rear speaker for a long time its connected to something how do i know its full range or on both sides?

im confused as to what the stupid box i paid the shop 50 bucks to buy and install the rear are full range but the box says adjustable do i ave to adjust anything and wont it only be coming from the driver side

You have to tap in to left and right for full range stereo and the shop should have done it too.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

get another hi/low adaptor . wire both in either behind the radio or at the factory amp one front one rear. then run both rcas to the 4ch and run the rca pass through to the bass amp or run the front rca to the 4 ch and flip the switch on it to 2ch mode and run the rear rca to the bass amp..

smdsig2.jpg

You also need to know the dash speakers only play high freq and the doors only play mid freq. The factory amp does the cross over for them. The rear speakers are full range. If you tap in to the front speakers after the factory amp you are not going to get a full range signal. This is why I say use the rear factory speakers because it is full range signal and you can do anything you want with it using the aftermarket amps x-over section. If you tap in to the front dash or door you are limited to whatever frequency range is set by the factory amp on that specific channel. This should be the break down below unless you also have a factory sub.

1+2 dash/high freq

3+4 doors/mid freq

5+6 rear/fullrange

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

yea i knew that but once i run the new amp i have a harness to bypass the amp completely and has the whole cars speaker wires ran to the trunk for the amp so if i did that wouldnt it not matter where i tap it

so my 4 channel RCAs are no good i just got since i have to get 2 fron one side ofthe car and 2 fron the other i have 4 with a like 4 inches of play on each

Archived