How To: Find out if your head unit & amp uses coax or twisted RCA's

What i think is so funny no matter what the amps required the ground signal on the shielded end it does not matter if its coax or twisted if you want real coax instead of half coax you can always use some Home R6 cable that u use on your tv and put this connector on it if you want real coax

http://www.amatteroffax.com/itempagey_invid_847201_d_cables-to-go-video-adpt-bnc-female-to-rca-male.html

Unitil then

Yes i work on amps thats why i HAHAH

ok so you work on amps. and say no matter what the amp, it requires ground to the shield of the rca? if i have read your post right then this is what you are saying right?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

head unit aside, as that was not mentioned in your post, i say this because. we have watched Tony's video and we do this, now your saying all amps with have ground on the out right my amp does not as shown in my video. can you please explain why this is?

On some amps they do not work that way for a protection mode if your Ground comes off it will not transfer through your rcas and fuck your head unit up

the designs of these different cables were out god ten years ago or more with stinger and because one person says theres a dif to make sales you all buy into it when the fucking cables have been out 12 to 14 years yes they both been around long time but common too many ppl buy into sales bs and i dont care if its a big name person it mean SALES just like the whole world works around about ur money not ur cause when you can use the same thing and the difference is between things

Yes Tony has been in the biz a while but frankly the wire biz has been up to stinger and a couple others before him and they have had both sets of wires there was also a third and i cannot think of the name of it due to the fact they fucking blew ass

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

i use stinger 8000 rca anyways, but i ask cuz i have used the rca's from the car in the house i have all coax for my home set up as per what it calls for anyways sounded staticy with the stinger 8000's yet my AR coax cheap set no static at all.

but tested in car no changed as per head unit and amps are different and as you pointed out once you hooked any rca up the ground from the head unit shield with transfer to the amps.

so big question is, how much of a difference do coax and twisted make in each setup?

There would be interest if a "quality cable" didn't cost $90!!! Lmao please. People did pretty good running wally worldr rcas way before this came out. For better or worse

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

There would be interest if a "quality cable" didn't cost $90!!! Lmao please. People did pretty good running wally worldr rcas way before this came out. For better or worse

my stinger 8000 series wasn't to0\o much for 3 sets of 3ft 2 channel, 1 set 12ft 4 channel and 1 set 12ft 2 channel, i paid right around $150.

then they got the 6000 series.

honestly all depens what you want to spend. ya you could run a boss amp if you want to cuz its cheap and you don't want to pay 300+ for a "Quality Amp" but like old saying goes you get what you pay for, first cables i put in, went out within a year the ends started to come apart.

honestly this isn't a post buy this or buy that, hell buy cheap twisted or coax any brand don't matter to me. this is just to show you whats going to give you best noise cancellation.

now its up to you if you want to buy smd cables, stinger, rockford etc....

Archived