Real knu wiring

shit I hate when my sarcasm font is broke.........

Im guessing you two know each other? otherwise im not real sure why you are captain save em to the rescue

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read your first post and i guess you are saying that the KNU isn't a lot larger than other 1/0 wire. Well, no of course not. But it has a higher strand count and is tightly packed. The thing is, if it was way bigger then normal 1/0 it wouldn't be 1/0 wire.

The gauge is a measurement of the diamater of the wire. So the Knu has to fit within the specification layed down by whatever governing body or astm standard. Sure, it can be slightly larger or smaller, but it should be within the specification because it has to fit into 1/0 lugs, terminals and other things.

Knu works around this limitation by using a super high 36ga strand count, tightly packed, with a slightly thinner jacket so it's more flexible and also, with 5000+36ga wires it has more surface area to dissipate heat.

I read your first post and i guess you are saying that the KNU isn't a lot larger than other 1/0 wire. Well, no of course not. But it has a higher strand count and is tightly packed. The thing is, if it was way bigger then normal 1/0 it wouldn't be 1/0 wire.

The gauge is a measurement of the diamater of the wire. So the Knu has to fit within the specification layed down by whatever governing body or astm standard. Sure, it can be slightly larger or smaller, but it should be within the specification because it has to fit into 1/0 lugs, terminals and other things.

Knu works around this limitation by using a super high 36ga strand count, tightly packed, with a slightly thinner jacket so it's more flexible and also, with 5000+36ga wires it has more surface area to dissipate heat.

Thanks for giving a clear, mature response. I dont know why everyone has to start beef and try to be know it all's. You da man

1990 300ZX

Alpine MRX-M100

RE SE 12's

Alpine CDE-121 Head Unit

Alpine Type-S 6.5" Components

Alpine KTP-445

Soon to come:

Alpine CDE-136BT

Big 3 with Knu Kolossus

XS Power Batt up front

HO alt

Crescendo BC2000

SSA Zcon 15

Crescendo Concerto speaker amp

Crescendo mids and super tweeters

no ones starting anything. Get the knot out of your panties.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no ones starting anything. Get the knot out of your panties.

Theres no knot haha I dont care I just don't know why this thread had to get filled with so many posts that didnt even answer the original post. Although all of the posts made sense and were based on facts, they still didn't relate exactly to the original post so it was kind of frustrating. 'sall good though

1990 300ZX

Alpine MRX-M100

RE SE 12's

Alpine CDE-121 Head Unit

Alpine KTP-445

Soon to come:

Alpine CDE-136BT

Big 3 with Knu Kolossus

XS Power Batt up front

HO alt

Crescendo BC2000

SSA Zcon 15

What was the point?

Basically he was asking why the pictures on knukonceptz's website made the wire look so humongous. When you have the wire in front of you, it looks smaller. (not that it's subpar, because like was said above, the wire still has to conform to AWG standards of 1/0 gauge) but in the pictures online, the wire looks much bigger than the 1/0 standard. Almost looks comparable to 3/0 (although it's clearly not that big lol)

1990 300ZX

Alpine MRX-M100

RE SE 12's

Alpine CDE-121 Head Unit

Alpine KTP-445

Soon to come:

Alpine CDE-136BT

Big 3 with Knu Kolossus

XS Power Batt up front

HO alt

Crescendo BC2000

SSA Zcon 15

What was the point?

Basically he was asking why the pictures on knukonceptz's website made the wire look so humongous. When you have the wire in front of you, it looks smaller. (not that it's subpar, because like was said above, the wire still has to conform to AWG standards of 1/0 gauge) but in the pictures online, the wire looks much bigger than the 1/0 standard. Almost looks comparable to 3/0 (although it's clearly not that big lol)

On the previous page, I posted the only picture on their website that I could find that actually showed the strands, and it looks almost exactly like what I have at my house. It also doesn't look too different from the OP's original picture. Any differences could just be how it was cut. Are there any more pictures on their website that I am not seeing?

Archived