internet speed help

im not really familiar with internet speeds and cable for tv.

i figured id post on here and see if you guys think this is a good deal cuz you guys will probly have more experience than me

50 mbps and 51 channels is $49.99 for the first 6 mo, then goes to $70 after that plus $7 a month to rent a modem

the other option is

15 mbps not sure how many channels, less than 50 and thats $30 a month + $7 modem rental

i use the internet a lot and im not really an avid gamer but i do it when i can, i download songs maybe once or twice a month but i watch a lot of youtube/ hulu and stuff.

i think 50 mbps might be overkill but 15 might be too slow, i dont know though.

thanks for the help

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

With these packages, the thing you want to know is if they have data caps, and if so what are they, and if you hit them to they just slow you down, or do they charge you extra, Some places will knock you down to near dial up after pass the cap

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

15 Mbit is fast enough for daily usage like u discribe, 50 is kinda overkill.

For the money i would say choose 15, u would be happy with it.

I got a 100 up 100 down line atm, but i do a lot of downloading and got it because its pimp too :)

Upload is really more important to me than download. you can have 50 down and 256 up and it will suck, not that that happens but i am trying to make a point. Do you upload pictures and videos?

I'm on a 15/6 and it does pretty good. Can have 3 people watching videos at the same time without issues.

Also I live in a small town, and I pay 50 a month for 650kbps(I know LOL) but have recently been using my Galaxy S3's 4g connection to tether for my streaming needs, I get between 4-8 mbps depending on the time of day, and it is more than capable at streaming at great quality, so either plan will be great for streaming hd

EDIT: If your playing stuff like CoD online, the ping and upload are your main concerns, don't plan on playing online with satellite internet, the ping is horrid

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i didnt ask about upload speed or a data cap but ill mention it when i call back.

Upload is really more important to me than download. you can have 50 down and 256 up and it will suck, not that that happens but i am trying to make a point. Do you upload pictures and videos?

I'm on a 15/6 and it does pretty good. Can have 3 people watching videos at the same time without issues.

not really, i upload every now and then but im just the average youtuber

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

For most use the 15mb would suffice for most everything you want to do, if you want to save some money buy your own modem instead of renting one. Motorola surfboards are good modems that last a long time trouble free.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050001673%2040000018&IsNodeId=1&SubCategory=18&Manufactory=1673&SpeTabStoreType=1

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Also I live in a small town, and I pay 50 a month for 650kbps(I know LOL) but have recently been using my Galaxy S3's 4g connection to tether for my streaming needs, I get between 4-8 mbps depending on the time of day, and it is more than capable at streaming at great quality, so either plan will be great for streaming hd

EDIT: If your playing stuff like CoD online, the ping and upload are your main concerns, don't plan on playing online with satellite internet, the ping is horrid

i live in the barracks on a military post so satellites arent an issue

buttttttt BF3 ftw :good:

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

For most use the 15mb would suffice for most everything you want to do, if you want to save some money buy your own modem instead of renting one. Motorola surfboards are good modems that last a long time trouble free.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050001673%2040000018&IsNodeId=1&SubCategory=18&Manufactory=1673&SpeTabStoreType=1

awesome, thanks for the link man

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's