Hello everyone.

Got my first car a couple of weeks ago, and i want to get started on the installation of my system.

My biggest problem right now is that im short of ideas on how to make the doorpanels. Also its going to be my first time working with fiberglass.

So this is what the doorpanels for the front doors look like...

7018537007c28c388bb1c.jpg

My first idea was to put 2 comp sets in each door. i had something like this in my mind, the speakers would be angled up towards the listener though.

Behold my paint skills!

1stidea.jpg

But then i started wondering how the transition between the original door fabric, and whichever fabric i would coat the fiberglass with, would turn out.

Any hints on how to make it look decent if i was to coat the fiberglass with leather, and have it sit up against the fabric currently on the door?

I thought to myself that it would turn out pretty bad if i was going to have 3 different fabrics on one doorpanel.

So then i thought of something like this next photo;

3rdoptions.jpg

Not really sure how to make this thing turn out well. My biggest concerns are how shape the damn things, and not ruin the sleek look of the door !

I highlighted the critical points in these photos;

1111edw.jpg

22222ks.jpg

I was hoping you guys could help me out with a solution for these doorpanels. Or even better, come up with another idea on how to do these doors!

I have seen alot of great builds inhere, but none of them were in an old Audi A6 Stc. aging way back from 1996 ^_^

Will get back to ya tomorow after work !

-Mathias

Archived