Ford Explorer Skar Audio Build

People run these amps at .5 all day. Buddy ran his at .5 for about 6 months never had a problem. Only ran min at .5 for about an hour. The. Rewired it to 2.

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

People run these amps at .5 all day. Buddy ran his at .5 for about 6 months never had a problem. Only ran min at .5 for about an hour. The. Rewired it to 2.

it is never acceptable to run your equipment beyond manufacturers specifications. masterwill's 4runner is all run within spec. the subs are running below their rated rms power, and the amp are wired strapped at 2ohms. you dont have to go full retard with your ohm loads to get loud, just build a better box.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Its not full retard. Plenty of people out there are running at .5 all day and running just fine. Lol. Some people even prefer .5. Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean ut shouldnt be done. Just saying. And for box specs, ive talked to a few skar reps when i was designing it and they say my box will be fine

93' Exploder

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Team Audio Connections

Its not full retard. Plenty of people out there are running at .5 all day and running just fine. Lol. Some people even prefer .5. Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean ut shouldnt be done.

And for box specs, ive talked to a few skar reps when i was designing it and they say my box will be fine

those people running .5ohm probably have heaps of box rise working to their advantage as well, which is also another indicator of a bad box design. if the amps were meant to be run at .5 ohm, then they would be rated at .5ohm instead of 1 ohm. im just trying to keep you from costing yourself some money via being hardheaded. but you are going to do what your going to do anyways, so go ahead.

run your amp at .5ohm

give your subs 1,000+rms each

when your subs and your amp are dead i hope kevin has paid enough attention to know just how bad you are abusing all 3 pieces of equipment and that you are running this in a manner that voids all the warranties.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Its not full retard. Plenty of people out there are running at .5 all day and running just fine. Lol. Some people even prefer .5. Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean ut shouldnt be done.

And for box specs, ive talked to a few skar reps when i was designing it and they say my box will be fine

those people running .5ohm probably have heaps of box rise working to their advantage as well, which is also another indicator of a bad box design. if the amps were meant to be run at .5 ohm, then they would be rated at .5ohm instead of 1 ohm. im just trying to keep you from costing yourself some money via being hardheaded. but you are going to do what your going to do anyways, so go ahead.

run your amp at .5ohm

when your subs and your amp are dead i hope kevin has paid enough attention to know just how bad you are abusing all 3 pieces of equipment and that you are running this in a manner that voids all the warranties.

i run 1 to a set of strapped amps (0.5 each) rising to 1.9 :shrug:

run your amp at .5ohm

There's team members running gear at .5 with no issues. The escalades running 6 sk2500s at .5 with out problems. Running a 1500 at .5 won't throw 1k+ per sub.

This subs rated at 2k rms anyways, so its not gunna hurt it even if it was throwing 1000. This is a temporary setup, and it was rewired to 2 ohm immediately after i played it at .5 my final setup will be 2 15" vvxs at 1 ohm. Not trying to sound hard headed. Ive talked to a few skar guys, and even ran my build setup my Kevin himself. All checked out good.

93' Exploder

Team Audio Connections

lookin good man!

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

93' Exploder

Team Audio Connections

Need a build name. I noticed Maliboom and the eSkarlade. i think that is so neat. so now i gotta think of one. any ideas?

93' Exploder

Team Audio Connections