We've got the AD-1 Amp Dyno very close to production trim. Here are a couple of demo videos showing some of it's capabilities.

Currently the AD-1 Amplifier Dyno is the only self contained test system that can measure RMS Continuous Power and Dynamic Power of both Full Range and Bandwidth Limited (subwoofer) Amplifiers in the world....and it does it in YOUR CAR! Please enjoy these two videos.

The first video demonstrates the gain setting capability of the newly developed DD-1+ technology built into the AD-1. DD-1+ allow the user to make variable gain overlap settings in 1dB increments, even if the system is dirty and reads over 1% Distortion BEFORE clipping. The AD-1 amp dyno's DD-1+ technology can also be used in EXACTLY the same manner as the classic DD-1 if the user chooses. Link below

The second video demonstrates the dyno loading and precision power measurement technologies in the AD-1 Amplifier Dyno. Learn about Certified Dyno Mode (which the Jeep's system failed due to headunit's noisy output), Uncertified Dyno Mode (which is the backup in the event you run into a problem like we did), and Dynamic Power Mode which measures power output during a very short term "bursted" signal. This is the industry standard for measuring "Dynamic Power" or "Headroom". Link below

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 4

This would be the ULTIMATE tool in any shop. I would use this for everything, from showing customers their junk amp really doesn't do 1000 watts to tuning systems. After all my treatments are done and I get back to work I'm defiantly making a presentation to the owner to get one of these as a selling tool. Even though it's going to be more of an install tool for me lol.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Wow this will be quite the shop tool. Out of curiosity how does it go from that massively clipped square wave we saw to knowing how much overlap there is? I'm really intrigued by that

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

This would be the ULTIMATE tool in any shop. I would use this for everything, from showing customers their junk amp really doesn't do 1000 watts to tuning systems. After all my treatments are done and I get back to work I'm defiantly making a presentation to the owner to get one of these as a selling tool. Even though it's going to be more of an install tool for me lol.

Thanks Larry

There are just so many scenarios where this tool would be beneficial, something like this could do wonders for even your most basic of installs. Or say a customer comes in and you can show them how a simple amp upgrade could make their entire system like brand new. I thought that the DD-1 was an exciting tool and I freaking love mine. For some of the younger guys or guys who couldn't afford an O-scope it was a chore setting some of them up and before hand helds I had a gigantic monster on a cart we had to wheel around. So not gonna lie unless it was a big install we tuned by ear LOL. Now with the DD-1 or AD-1 it's made our jobs easier and protected customers investments. Your mind is amazing Tony. Oh wow did I just have one of my Dad's "back in my day" moments? LOL

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony you make the coolest things! i want one of these so bad!

soo is there gonna be a DD-1+ coming out soon then?

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!