Second Skin Audio

Good 6.5" sub?

floor pan t-line for my friends Kenwwod 12" sub and it turned out well. So i did a concept with a JL Audio 8W3v3 around 27Hz and so i did one for the I6SW ... never got around to fitting it, however with the 8W3v3, it hit really low.

8W3v3 enclosure made with recycled MDF

hybridaudioi6swsubwooferboxenclosuregoog

dscf5219.jpg

dscf5220.jpg

Onto I6SW build

dscf52451.jpg?w=870

dscf52441.jpg?w=870

dscf52461.jpg?w=870

dscf52421.jpg?w=870

dscf52411.jpg?w=870

dscf52431.jpg?w=870

dscf52401.jpg?w=870

Hybrid Audio Drawing with Bic Biro - went hideously wrong

sdc15380.jpg?w=870

sdc15383.jpg?w=870

sdc15384.jpg?w=870

sdc15387.jpg?w=870

sdc15393.jpg?w=870

sdc15396.jpg?w=870

sdc15401.jpg?w=870

sdc15406.jpg?w=870

and sorry, didn't mean to make almost the same exact thread lol though im looking for something to use to mock up wave guide enclosures, so was asking a little different qualities out of the sub.

Don´t worry, if you give "6.5 sub" in the search function, it want work in the forum.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

i love transmission line builds! thanks for posting them up! and how do you know what amount of port area to start with? it's obviously way above the SD and i haven't been able to find good info on what to start with for port area on tapered horns and expanding horns and such

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-919

I would try one of these. Relatively low fs for a 6" driver IMO.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i think im gonna go with the TB W6-1139SIF, more xmax, cheaper, and still a good fs for playing with designs

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

There are different thought and theories with the size of the 'Line Terminus' (T-lines, as I'm lead to understand from my days in both Home Audio and Car Audio, don't have a 'Port' as such).

I don't want to get into trouble for linking to another forum ... so here's the google result. And click the link that TALK .. s about AUDIO in the UK!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=transmission+line+fundamentals+pdf&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=pOM&hl=en&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=transmission+line+design+fundamentals+&oq=transmission+line+design+fundamentals+&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30l2.46377.50388.0.50963.10.10.0.0.0.1.216.1160.2j7j1.10.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.2av4Yhcnbn0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45512109,d.d2k&fp=785b9e98f4101809&biw=1660&bih=840

I found at the start of the line, if you go too much above SD ... you start hearing the box, and it give a hollow sound. Keep to 2 x SD at the most. As for the line terminus, as the transmission line design fundamentals paper states, 2:1 ratio is a good place to start. One has to go a tad above SD to accommodate the width/size of the sub. In most cases this can't be helped! But IMHO, when it comes to T-lines, worry less about 'Area' and concentrate on;

1) Line Length - to determine the depth of bass

2) Wave Guide position and Line Terminus (height, as width will already be determined by the size/width of sub) to determine the output

of course there is a bit more to it, however for personal listening tastes, there is a bit of trial and error. In the case of the I6SW, I'm always experienting between depth and output. If you aim the 'Tuning' (again, one doesn't really 'Tune a t-line) around 5Hz above the given FS, this will be good for overall output. However, once again, wave guide position and line terminus have a massive effect on this.

There are different thought and theories with the size of the 'Line Terminus' (T-lines, as I'm lead to understand from my days in both Home Audio and Car Audio, don't have a 'Port' as such).

I don't want to get into trouble for linking to another forum ... so here's the google result. And click the link that TALK .. s about AUDIO in the UK!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=transmission+line+fundamentals+pdf&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=pOM&hl=en&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=transmission+line+design+fundamentals+&oq=transmission+line+design+fundamentals+&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30l2.46377.50388.0.50963.10.10.0.0.0.1.216.1160.2j7j1.10.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.2av4Yhcnbn0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45512109,d.d2k&fp=785b9e98f4101809&biw=1660&bih=840

I found at the start of the line, if you go too much above SD ... you start hearing the box, and it give a hollow sound. Keep to 2 x SD at the most. As for the line terminus, as the transmission line design fundamentals paper states, 2:1 ratio is a good place to start. One has to go a tad above SD to accommodate the width/size of the sub. In most cases this can't be helped! But IMHO, when it comes to T-lines, worry less about 'Area' and concentrate on;

1) Line Length - to determine the depth of bass

2) Wave Guide position and Line Terminus (height, as width will already be determined by the size/width of sub) to determine the output

of course there is a bit more to it, however for personal listening tastes, there is a bit of trial and error. In the case of the I6SW, I'm always experienting between depth and output. If you aim the 'Tuning' (again, one doesn't really 'Tune a t-line) around 5Hz above the given FS, this will be good for overall output. However, once again, wave guide position and line terminus have a massive effect on this.

SUCH A GOOD READ! thanks for posting that so much! lol took me a while to go through it and make sure i understood what he was saying but so many questions i've had for a while were answered.

seriously suggest anyone interested in t-line stuff read that link.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

• 6 years later...

Archived