Interesting.... I'm in for results from a battery test. Also, it's cool to see what that amp is capable of at those voltages. Planning on using them in my next build, whenever that'll be.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I think what would be interesting is getting a small extra batt that holds around the same as a 1 farad batt and do a side by side test of that. then do the same with a big batt and a 100 farad cap.

then do a test with the small batt and 1 farad cap hooked up at the same time and the 100 farad cap and big batt hooked up at the same time to see how they work together.

A AAA battery holds more than a 1f cap lol.

I think a better comparison would be to spend an equal amount on caps and batteries and compare the two.

We already have a valuable piece of information: that capacitors do work. But I think it would be cool is if we could take this a step further and see which would be more effective: spending money on caps vs spending money on batteries

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I think what would be interesting is getting a small extra batt that holds around the same as a 1 farad batt and do a side by side test of that. then do the same with a big batt and a 100 farad cap.

then do a test with the small batt and 1 farad cap hooked up at the same time and the 100 farad cap and big batt hooked up at the same time to see how they work together.

A AAA battery holds more than a 1f cap lol.

I think a better comparison would be to spend an equal amount on caps and batteries and compare the two.

We already have a valuable piece of information: that capacitors do work. But I think it would be cool is if we could take this a step further and see which would be more effective: spending money on caps vs spending money on batteries

see and that is something I did not know lol.

ok so how about a battery equal in price to the 1 farad cap and battery(s) equal in price to the 100 farad cap? then we would have some info on what could be more cost effective in those situations? would have to include shipping costs for the batts and caps, like use sonicselectronics.com ( commonly used website for car audio ) website and get a shipping quote for both the caps and batts to where ever the test will be done. should also test a 1500 watt amp and the 2500 watt amp all with the same electrical. this would help show what option could have more gain per setup. a lot of people use 1500 watt amps daily and for comps and a lot of competitors use 2500 watt amp. could be a beneficial test to both the daily enthusiast and the competitions enthusiasts.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

This thread definitely influenced my decisions in building my new set-up.

XS Power XP750 and Stinger 1F cap for 550w rms.

I am hoping to stay in the 14's all the time with that.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

my guess would be because caps charge and discharge at the highest voltage potentail so they wanted to test it at the best voltage they could get from it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading through this again. If I'm understanding the results correctly, in a musical build where there is no extra room for an extra battery, a capacitor would suffice if extra power is needed?

Edit - May have been said already, I'm just making sure my thinking is correct.

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Interesting results. And surprising to say the least. Can I get a link to this "supercap" that was used? I find it very hard to believe that 1F outperformed 100F in a burst situation. That's extremely counterintuitive, all things being equal.

I can tell you with utmost certainty that *my* supercaps absolutely pwn batteries on burps. It's not even close. And from my testing/experience, they work awesome in daily situations too. They're not cheap, but then again... neither are batteries.

I guess I'll go troll CL for some car audio caps and do some of my own testing.

Lol the possibility of a 5-10% increase in power is super exciting. And to think of all the people that have been bashed for using caps lol. Awesome testing.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.