Tony whats the cost on one of these things looking like? Will we see any test on the popular brands being ran on this very forum?

looking @ MSRP $2799 - and there will be some brands being tested but i have to get my test bench loaded with 12, 14.5, and 16v batteries so i can supply a decent amount of power in different voltage situations to the amps. The bench test is great for over all power output testing, but your car and the shitty stock alternator on your 2000 watt sound system, and finding those faults which cause the amp NOT to make its power, and what to do about it, is what the Dyno is about.

• Like (+1 Rep) 6

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Tony whats the cost on one of these things looking like? Will we see any test on the popular brands being ran on this very forum?

looking @ MSRP $2799 - and there will be some brands being tested but i have to get my test bench loaded with 12, 14.5, and 16v batteries so i can supply a decent amount of power in different voltage situations to the amps. The bench test is great for over all power output testing, but your car and the shitty stock alternator on your 2000 watt sound system, and finding those faults which cause the amp NOT to make its power, and what to do about it, is what the Dyno is about.

Well put.This is a tool that every shop owner should invest in.Unless their too busy trying to sell people on BS and push their overrated amps. Either way you guys keep doing what your doing and bringing out the products that are helping to get this industry and sport to the next level.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

This is a tool that every shop owner should invest in.Unless their too busy trying to sell people on BS and push their overrated amps.

How many shops actually clamp amps that they sell? I think these would be more suited to people like; manufacturers & hardcore competitors/people like Meade, Jacob, Rusty and the like. Unless of course, as said, shops buy these and charge a small fee for clamping and give people a certificate. I'd get all mine done in a heartbeat, even the ones I don't use...

Maybe if the CEA rating people used one of these and stopped people calling their amplifiers for example: 'D5000' etc when they are clearly trying to insinuate that their amplifiers push 5000w to an unsuspecting buyer, that and stopped them quoting 'MAX Power' ratings that don't mean dick.

Well done anyway.

Tony: do you think you'll ever build a 'Made in the USA' amplifier? Just curious, that's all :)

here are my thoughts, i posted these on the youtube vid but ill put them here.

"Until the AD-1 can be produced and sold on a consumer level, I never see this really becoming the new standard for finding wattage. No matter how accurate the AD-1 is and inaccurate the clamp method is, there are too many people in the competitive scene who clamp, and WAY fewer who can afford to buy or find one of these to test over and over again at their homes. Some see clamping as accurate, which it isn't, others see it as power going from A to B, if B > A, then something is being done right."

A being test 1, B being test 2. Clamping being used as a reference point, so clamp 1 yielded 2000 watts ( inaccurate), but clamp 2 yielded 2400 watts( also inaccurate but an increase).

Let me say this a different way . . .

Tony, thank you for proving to the world that 1 + 1 = 2. However, a lot of guys currently believe that 1 + 1 = 5. So, it's more convenient for them to continue believing that 1 + 1 = 5 versus come to the realization that 1 + 1 really isn't 5 at all. So, even though it's obvious that the foundation for the thinking that 1 + 1 = 5 has been proven to be unstable, it is still possible to build upon that foundation.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I don't think that's the case at all and I think your guys' analogy is a little off. His point is simply until there is a cost effective way of doing it, people won't care.

Its why eBay alternator sales are still up and people use peel and seal. The sad truth is factual information has little to do with your average audio consumer. Hopefully enough of these make their way out so people can get dyno'd but most aren't going to shell out the money when 1 + 1 = 5 works for them, regardless of its inaccuracies. He's simply pointing out human nature, not advising against the amp dyno.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I will own one of these. I want to know what my amps will really do.

One question though, does is only measure at 40hz or will it have the ability to do other frequencies so you can get a realistic idea what the amp will do from say 25hz-65hz? Or does this really matter?

I don't think that's the case at all and I think your guys' analogy is a little off. His point is simply until there is a cost effective way of doing it, people won't care.

Its why eBay alternator sales are still up and people use peel and seal. The sad truth is factual information has little to do with your average audio consumer. Hopefully enough of these make their way out so people can get dyno'd but most aren't going to shell out the money when 1 + 1 = 5 works for them, regardless of its inaccuracies. He's simply pointing out human nature, not advising against the amp dyno.

He was the messenger, no doubt. If D'Amore hadn't gone to such lengths to show why this method delivers inaccurate results, I also would agree that people wouldn't care. But he has, and it's now our job as super enthusiasts to spread the word. This isn't about selling amp dynos - it's about educating ourselves about what's right and what isn't. Once you've accepted that, then it's up to you whether collecting such data is important to you. This argument is really similar to the Butt Dyno vs. the Chassis Dyno . . .

I think the topic of "clamping" is just one of many that illustrates that we as an industry have much yet to learn and that in many cases we are hesitant to do so. Learning begins with getting an excellent education in high school and taking advantage of all that is in front of you. ANY car audio enthusiast should go out of their way to make math and science their strong suits. Not only will that provide them with a strong foundation to build off of as they build sick car audio systems, it'll also open the door for an excellent future.

Spread the word guys . . . spread the word. When you hear someone use the word "clamping," help them to understand why it isn't the right way to obtain the data they're looking for. After all, you're now educated.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

People are educated now but still use roofing products, lol. The bigger issue I see is getting people to care about a true and accurate way of measuring power.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well said...

X

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..