a competitor in a power limited class doesn't care what power the amp makes @ 2 or 4 or 8 ohms. all that matters is how much power they make in the car at x impedance ( after rise). unfortunately the amp dyno is not capable of that, so clamping will remain the standard in that scenario.

How does the dyno compare to a meter like the extech wattage meter? ( I have no idea, that's why I ask) That seems to be what is used by a lot of competitors as well the meter most db drag judges seem to use

• 1 month later...

a competitor in a power limited class doesn't care what power the amp makes @ 2 or 4 or 8 ohms. all that matters is how much power they make in the car at x impedance ( after rise). unfortunately the amp dyno is not capable of that, so clamping will remain the standard in that scenario.

How does the dyno compare to a meter like the extech wattage meter? ( I have no idea, that's why I ask) That seems to be what is used by a lot of competitors as well the meter most db drag judges seem to use

There is now a tool for you sir.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

a competitor in a power limited class doesn't care what power the amp makes @ 2 or 4 or 8 ohms. all that matters is how much power they make in the car at x impedance ( after rise)

Sorry, but this statement really annoys me. You say a competitor doesn't care what an amp does at 2, 4, or 8 ohms...but what it would do at X where X is the impedance after rise. You mean...like if it at a given frequency it rises to 2 ohms? 4 ohms? 8ohms? So you just contradict yourself. Let alone to assume people won't care what an amp does at 1 ohm is just so naive. How many competitors wire down to FRACTIONS of an ohm to get the power and juice out?

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• 5 weeks later...

like I said IN A POWER LIMITED CLASS... where clamping is used.... The amps output at 1 ohm means nothing....what matters is making the 2000 or 4000 watts after rise. what the rise is really doesn't matter either as far as power is concerned, just that you make the 2000 or 4000 watts.

Tony, do you have a comparison to a meter like the Extech I had asked about? could make a video of clamping an amp with an extech wattage clamp and the amp dyno at the same time for comparison. I have no idea the results, that's why I would like to see something like that.

Untill you make a cost effective way to "clamp" power. I guess your going to have to hear about people clamping it the cost effective (poor people) way.

Done. http://damoreengineering.com/amm-1.html

lmao, you're a BAMF.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

• 1 month later...

Does the amp dyno accurretly test the Brazilian amps as well? I have been hearing debates between whether it does or doesn't. I am currently looking at a Taramps HD8000 & few believe it's capable of producing claimed power by the cost. I have very little knowledge of all the differences between full bridged (Korean) & half bridged (Brazilian). If possible, could someone do a amp dyno test to either prove or disprove the dyno & amps (HD8K) ability or inability?

99 Suburban 2wd LS w/5.7L

Alt/wire-Singer 275a w/single 4/0 power & ground

Batts-D3400 (front) & 4 XP3000's (rear)

HU--Pioneer 80prs

Front stage-Morel CAT378/PRV 8", amps-(2) PPI P600.2's

Subs & amplification still to be decided

Does the amp dyno accurretly test the Brazilian amps as well? I have been hearing debates between whether it does or doesn't. I am currently looking at a Taramps HD8000 & few believe it's capable of producing claimed power by the cost. I have very little knowledge of all the differences between full bridged (Korean) & half bridged (Brazilian). If possible, could someone do a amp dyno test to either prove or disprove the dyno & amps (HD8K) ability or inability?

The Amp Dyno doesn't care one way or the other. It will measure the true power coming into it regardless where it is coming from. You could connect it to a wall socket if you wanted to dyno your house.

Edited by TonyD'Amore