BEASTMODE!!!! LOL, Mechman alt just now showed up......pics, test amperage

Question:

I ordered Sky High 1/0 CCA because its all that was in stock, many runs of 1/0 should i run from the positive post on the alternator to the battery?

I was thinking 2 or 3 considering its CCA.

Opinions please and thanks!

2 should do it

OK, so on the ground from inbetween the alt and engine back to battery, should there be 2 runs of ground there also? wouldn't 2 1/0 terminals make the alt mounted off center?

Being that the 2 terminals would be on top of eachother where the alt grounds to the engine

if you got the wire do as many grounds as possible.. i tihnk i watch your video with all them 4 gauge grounds.. like you said you can never have to many (in most cases lol)

more will not hurt but im sure you could get awaly with 1 run of 1/0 cca for ground on power ( their such a short length )

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

I ordered Sky High 1/0 CCA because its all that was in stock, many runs of 1/0 should i run from the positive post on the alternator to the battery?

I was thinking 2 or 3 considering its CCA.

Opinions please and thanks!

2 should do it

OK, so on the ground from inbetween the alt and engine back to battery, should there be 2 runs of ground there also? wouldn't 2 1/0 terminals make the alt mounted off center?

Being that the 2 terminals would be on top of eachother where the alt grounds to the engine

if you got the wire do as many grounds as possible.. i tihnk i watch your video with all them 4 gauge grounds.. like you said you can never have to many (in most cases lol)

more will not hurt but im sure you could get awaly with 1 run of 1/0 cca for ground on power ( their such a short length )

Yea, just posted pic above, all the 4ga grounds will likely be redone in 1/0 grounds tonight

XS-power1.jpg

You could use a single run of like 3/0 welding cable. Or mount the lugs of the outside if the alt casing..as long as the lugs still make good contact with the bolt which makes good contact with the motor mount obvi. It should be good.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Nice looking alt though..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

You could use a single run of like 3/0 welding cable. Or mount the lugs of the outside if the alt casing..as long as the lugs still make good contact with the bolt which makes good contact with the motor mount obvi. It should be good.

good idea p4, i think i will go that route and do 2 grounds off of it

XS-power1.jpg

So did they get those numbers from clamping and are they hot or cold numbers? I know it was free but that idle voltage is boo boo

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Just sand it all down. Make sure the alt casing is clean. The bolt is nice and clean etc. And obviously don't stack the 1/0 lugs on top of eachother.. try to make em lay flat on top of e.o like one lug to the left the other 45 degrees to the right like / \ not like one on top the other like II if that makes sence

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived