I merged 2 threads and things got a little screwed up lol So I added Johns first post to his right here :

This is the official thread for the Tahoe build off :) we hope you enjoy these builds as much as we do!

So we are doing a little friendly competition between Sky High and DC Audio.

A few things fell into place and we ended up having GM SUVS dropped off at the same time so we decided to make some fun out of it.

Rusty, his team, and DC Audios build will consist of the DC Audio Yukon 4 M1 LVL 6 18s with the aluminum baskets. 4 DC Audio 5Ks and a B pillar wall; just to name a few things.

The Sky High's Tahoe will have 6 Lvl 6 m2 18s with aluminum cone and 4 DC 10ks in a B pillar wall.

Rusty and I (Jon) will be both posting pics along the road to crushing every other Tahoe on the west coast.

DC Audio and Sky High have a pretty good and close knit relationship if you guys did not know. This is a friendly build and we are only out to have fun and get some recognition out there for the amazing products going into the builds.

So please enjoy the builds and your input is greatly appreciated.

See you at Lake County Car Audio with both these builds for the finale!!

And Mine starts here - So Alot of you might remember the DC Yukon, Well its at the shop and were going to wall it. Not 100% sure what the plan is but for right now I just removed everything so i can start to measure out the shell. its got for gear (well before I took it all out)

(2) 175.4

(4) 5.0

(4) M1 Lv6's

(2) Alts

(2) Strong Stinger 2150's, The rest of the 2150s are dead and will need to be replaced. The Yukon sat for a while and the battery's are now toast

So Im not sure if it will go flat wall, clam shell, 4th order, 6th order. Part of it will depend on the square footage we end up with.

On with pics of my progress today

tahoeren_zps5cc86780.jpg

Edited by WCA Rusty
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WalledSonic
      I've been helping a buddy install a system in his 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK.  I finally have enough pics to start a build log, so I'll be loading all of them up over the next couple weeks.
      The requirements were simple: he wanted (4) 8's or nothing at all.  Silly?  Maybe; but we met the requirements and hope to be banging before the end of the year
      The stock sub (an 8x10) has 4 voice coils

Ran some numbers in TermLab at first, but then switched the design over to WinISD.  Came up with this size enclosure:

That router feels good man

Went with PSI-8's with High Performance suspension for 600Wrms per sub

We were jammin some of that good techno

The original plan was to have a few tube ports, but I had a hunch that they were too small.  Thats about the time that Triticum came out with his port velocity calculator, and I realized the port velocities with these small ports would give me the tuning we were wanting, but also gave us almost 100 m/s port velocity (yikes!)

Then the design changed to have a properly sized port attached to the back panel, bringing the velocities down to around 25-30 m/s

I didnt really trust my kerf skills yet

More pics coming tomorrow.  Thanks for looking!

• By xpoppadaddyx
      Here we go with another build.  This one won't be as slow as the Chevy TB and I'm excited for that.  This vehicle is my work car so I work on it profusely week after week.  I am hoping to get this one done by end month so until then here are my plans.  If what you see sounds familiar it probably is, but I won't tell...🤔  Thanks everyone prematurely for the comments and hope to have some good reviews from this build. 
      Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp
      Rockford Fosgate T-400/4
      Audio Control Matrix
      Rockford Fosgate T152-s 5.25" mids
      Crescendo FT1's
      Rockford Fosgate T1D410's
      Xs Power
      Kinetik
      Mechman OFC 1/0
      Singer Alt 
      Pioneer HU
    • By aygobasshead
      Hello guys,
      I'm wanting to start some kind of 2.1 home audio build. Nothing 7.1 ultra high tech.
      Just want some good ass mids and highs and a decent sub that does lows.
      Now I'm wondering, what kind of sub would be nice? I was thinking 250 watts to 500 watts of RMS should be enough to do well right?
      Anyways, that brings me to the next question. Are there any affordable mono's to power a suggested woofer?
      Anf what mids and highs would be nice, would I need a calculated enclosure for mids and highs?
      I'm new to home audio, would love some help.
      Thanks!
    • By WalledSonic
      Buddy's new (new to us) amp.  Got it used through Cody at Droppin Hz for a good price.
      Brands inside: 
      CapXon
      Samwha
      Samyoung
      On to the pics:
      Very interesting heat sink

Amp was built one year ago and warranty is non-transferrable, so off comes the warranty stickers

Sweep shots

Details

Used alcohol to remove the warranty stickers

Cant wait to get this badboy playing down at half ohm

• By the_garynator
      *************[Note: Since photobucket decided to nerf everyone's accounts, a lot of the pictures in this thread are gone. I intend to fix all of the posts but it will take quite a while.  Photos start on page 29 currently. In the meantime all of the photos are available on Facebook by searching #projectflexington and many are on Instagram under the same hashtag. Thanks for looking and please don't be afraid to comment! ]*************

So figure it is time to start a build log for my 6th order wall. Been working on it for a few weeks now. I'll start by posting the equipment I'm using for the build.
      Electrical:
      Batteries:
      2 nsb170fts and 2 stinger group 31s:

3 banks of super caps:

2 singer 320amp alternators (these came with the truck, I'm currently in the process of redoing the bracket to strengthen it and add a tensioner but I'll elaborate later):

4+ spools of skyhigh 1/0, knukonceptz 4/0 ofc for alternators (will post pictures later)
      Terminals, marine grade ring terminals lugs, properly crimped with double wall adhesive lined heat shrink:

Subs are 2 sundown x15s rev 1(will be rebuilding for level 6 18s at a later date):

Sub Amp, kicker warhorse:

Head unit and tweeters, Sony dsx-s210x and 4x Earthquake Screamers, 1.5" 150wrms per pair silk Dome tweeters with replaceable voice coils:

Mid bass, 4x dayton audio 10" pa woofers, 300rms each:

Mids are tbd, probably 2 8" midrange speakers.
      Lots of Baltic birch:

If you enjoy, please comment!
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 766 Guests (See full list)