I merged 2 threads and things got a little screwed up lol So I added Johns first post to his right here :

This is the official thread for the Tahoe build off :) we hope you enjoy these builds as much as we do!

So we are doing a little friendly competition between Sky High and DC Audio.

A few things fell into place and we ended up having GM SUVS dropped off at the same time so we decided to make some fun out of it.

Rusty, his team, and DC Audios build will consist of the DC Audio Yukon 4 M1 LVL 6 18s with the aluminum baskets. 4 DC Audio 5Ks and a B pillar wall; just to name a few things.

The Sky High's Tahoe will have 6 Lvl 6 m2 18s with aluminum cone and 4 DC 10ks in a B pillar wall.

Rusty and I (Jon) will be both posting pics along the road to crushing every other Tahoe on the west coast.

DC Audio and Sky High have a pretty good and close knit relationship if you guys did not know. This is a friendly build and we are only out to have fun and get some recognition out there for the amazing products going into the builds.

So please enjoy the builds and your input is greatly appreciated.

See you at Lake County Car Audio with both these builds for the finale!!

And Mine starts here - So Alot of you might remember the DC Yukon, Well its at the shop and were going to wall it. Not 100% sure what the plan is but for right now I just removed everything so i can start to measure out the shell. its got for gear (well before I took it all out)

(2) 175.4

(4) 5.0

(4) M1 Lv6's

(2) Alts

(2) Strong Stinger 2150's, The rest of the 2150s are dead and will need to be replaced. The Yukon sat for a while and the battery's are now toast

So Im not sure if it will go flat wall, clam shell, 4th order, 6th order. Part of it will depend on the square footage we end up with.

On with pics of my progress today

tahoeren_zps5cc86780.jpg

Edited by WCA Rusty
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
    • By Sruiz
      Can someone help me out with this I’ve been reading for days and can’t find the answer I’m looking for. I bought to sa12’s I’m having a box built by high output enclosures I just can’t figure out if I want to to go 2.25 cubes per sub or 2.5 per sub net. I know I want subs up port back. It’s going in a 4 door Jeep Wrangler. I’m pushing them with scv2000 at 1ohm. I’ve done big 3 , 240 amp alternator , and xsd3400 battery. I’d highly appreciate it if anyone who knows what they’re doing can give me some advice on what they think. Thank you. 
    • By Joshdashef
      With my previous amp, R750-1D, the wiring was wired in parallel internally and had two sets of speaker outputs (+ and -). Currently I have two 4 ohm dual voice coil subs each wired down to 2 ohms, and put into each of the pairs. 

Here is the wiring diagram for my current amplifier: Link for full PDF

My question is with the upgraded amplifier I will be using, a DC 2k, do I need to follow this same routine and wire two sets of 2 ohm and it is internally paralleled.
      Or instead I need to use only one pair of speaker outputs and wire that to 1 ohm load? 

Here is a diagram similar to what I am talking about but with only one pair of speaker outputs:

I have yet to see any information on this so I assume I will use only one pair of speaker outputs, but I want to ask so I don't muck it up. 
    • By Krisztián Arnold
      Hey guys! 
      Maybe it is a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyways. 😄

So I purchased an XS power D 975 last summer, and I am extremely happy with the performance it provides. However I still do not understand how would a 35AH battery with it's own 12.8-13.0 volts support a 1000/2000 watt system.
      What do you think about the accuracy and the reality of these ratings in the real world? (not just testing in the lab) 😮
      I also do not understand how can I tell if the battery is low on charge. Like when I use it ( lets say for 25 minutes and cranking it) and stick a voltmeter to the probes right after that it shows for example 12.56 volts. The maual says you should get cahrging when the volts are below 12.6 and it is really stict so you should kepp it that way. So I set up my charger ant when I test it again a few minutes later it now showls like 12.73.
      How is that possible? And if the cells fill up eachother how can I tell when it is drained or not? 🤔
      Thanks for the answers! 😀😀 

• By Phaeton
      Hey everyone! i have this old sub in my collection and i'm going to build a box for it in my truck, but i cannot for the life of me find the specs, after days of frustrating googles i can only find subs with the the 12 spoke basket. anyone have any info on this fella? is it the same specs as the 12 spoke?

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 270 Guests (See full list)