How can i put car subs in my house?

I don't have my subs quite yet, but I want to know how i can install my car radio in my room. I've seen people use computer power supplies but only like single 12's. Would it be safe to do that with 2 15's at about 2000 rms? I've thought to myself that if i just buy a car battery for this purpose how would I keep it charged at a stable voltage? Are there any other methods of safely doing this? This is a relatively temporary setup (about a year) until i can put it into my car, so i don't want to get to crazy with costs. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

If you're not wanting to really blow this out of the water you could just buy a plate amp and plug it into the wall socket, instead of a car amp and doing all the weird power supply things.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I don't have my subs quite yet, but I want to know how i can install my car radio in my room. I've seen people use computer power supplies but only like single 12's. Would it be safe to do that with 2 15's at about 2000 rms? I've thought to myself that if i just buy a car battery for this purpose how would I keep it charged at a stable voltage? Are there any other methods of safely doing this? This is a relatively temporary setup (about a year) until i can put it into my car, so i don't want to get to crazy with costs. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

LOL no. You won't get anywhere near 2k out of a computer power supply. Besides, most people just wire up the 12v rails and use that but you have to remember that it is just that. 12v. Some amps will pull a bit more current at those voltages so you could burn out the power supply.

Best bet is to get at least a basic understanding of electronics and all things electrical before you set something on fire.

Also that inverter converts 12v dc to 110v ac.

The opposite of what you're thinking of if you want a car amp to work indoors.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Im going to buy a car amp anyway because i plan on having it in a car eventually. Would something like this work? http://www.amazon.com/Power-Bright-PW2300-12-Inverter-2300/dp/B002AMPGE6/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1366750258&sr=1-13&keywords=12v+converter+to+110v

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

you need ac to dc.

Archived