SMD Amp Dyno AD-1 - First amp tested Sundown SAZ 1500D

The SMD / D'Amore Engineering Amp Dyno AD-1 arrived at the HQ today...the first amp i tested was the first amp i saw, sitting on my test bench. The Sundown SAZ 1500D.

Keep in mind: The test bench is only a basic indication of what the amp is capable of doing. The true spirit of the AD-1 is to find out if your car, can let the amp do what it does. In this test, i used a single 14v battery from XS power (a D1400) sitting on a 10a charger. The amp has 2 8ga positive and 2 8ga grounds. Sufficient for me to play around with my test bench in most situations, but is it enough to get rated power from the amp? Watch and see.

I decided to go straight to Dynamic mode because the battery was a little low from me not charging it in about a month. Dynamic mode on the AD-1 does NOT refer to "peak" ratings. It stresses the amp out in a dynamic way that is still considered RMS. Closer to what you could expect if you are listening to music, which is dynamic in nature itself. Anyway, i did it at 1ohm and the number was good. Then i decided to grab the camera, drop it to .8 and do it again. Then, i went ahead and dropped it to .5.

Note the VM-1 up top....aint no digital volt meter gonna be able to read voltage like this can.

enjoy! It is NOT an in depth video, it is my first run. I can do this ALL DAY with many scenario's.. Next runs will be on a BANK of 12v, 14, or 16v batteries.

in the future, once my battery bank is installed and i have a more robust power supply, i will test in all modes, in all impedance's.

• Like (+1 Rep) 6

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Wow the SMD volt meter is crazy... You could see it dipping to 13.1 even when the dyno couldn't.

This is really a wild machine

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

This is groundbreaking stuff steve i like what you and tony are doing man this is gonna help people in there systems..AND FINALLY PUT THE NOOBS TO REST on those "5000" watt amps they have lol

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Can't wait to have you test my PPI PC2350 and DC 175.4 (btw its towmantowman from youtube, I didn't have a SMD account at that time so thats why they are both different) lol. Thanks again dude. You are the man!! :drink40::drink40:

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Sir Steve, you continue to amaze me. Your popularity has gotten you the hook-ups from everywhere. Congrats. Love watching your work and learning from ya.

Are you still doing the AC stuff?

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao: