SMD Amp Dyno AD-1 - First amp tested Sundown SAZ 1500D

Awesome. I never doubted that sundown for a second.

Question, though. I'm assuming the impedance selected is one of a reactive nature? When you chose .5 ohm, was it stressing a half ohm reactive load on the amp?

If so, way to go sundown. That's a stout little guy. Thanks Steve, awesome product.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Every shop should have one of those. That's pretty damn sweet.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Anyone else getting "video is currently not available"?

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

Dang man...that's an awesome tool. You, Tiny and Juan should be hella proud of the impact your having in this hobby :drinks:

Oh and by the way...it almost looked like lil Wayne getting arrested in that episode of cops :rofl:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Wow the SMD volt meter is crazy... You could see it dipping to 13.1 even when the dyno couldn't.

This is really a wild machine

In fairness to the dyno, it updates the "minimum voltage" it saw WHILE the new maximum power number was found. In other words if the amp being dyno'd

hits clipping the power number will stop increasing and thus the battery voltage number will lock in at that power number. Even if the voltage continues to drop. If the amp isn't making any more power, the dyno quits updating the power and voltage numbers. But with all that being said, yes the VM-1 is insanely fast! :)

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

Awesome. I never doubted that sundown for a second.

Question, though. I'm assuming the impedance selected is one of a reactive nature? When you chose .5 ohm, was it stressing a half ohm reactive load on the amp?

If so, way to go sundown. That's a stout little guy. Thanks Steve, awesome product.

Not a reactive load, purely resistive. Which is the most difficult load in terms of delivering power. Reactive loads whether inductive or capacitive can be difficult for an amplifier to drive in terms of stability. These are tests that every manufacture should do during the design phase of an amplifier. Once the amplifier's design is set, these things are seldom an issue, and if they were an issue there is nothing a consumer would be able to do about it. Purely resistive loads, or 0 phase loads, tax the power delivery of the amplifier the most. Easy test to do at home, measure amplifier input current while burping some subs at a frequency that is produces a 4 ohm reactive load. Do the same thing on the amp dyno at 4 ohms, or another purely resistive load. You will see the input current to the amplifier at its maximum during the resistive load test.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1