Snow's DD-1 Tracks

I might have to try -2.5. For now I started with -0 and the wife is asking of I need nore bass. The easy answer to that is yes. I might have too much high, but sounding way better than before my amp swap. Snowdrifter, thanks for the files. I think I might have to try a -15 on the sub amp now.

all of the tracks below 0db shouldn't clip unless your music does :X

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

0 db shouldn't clip unless your music does. -2.5 will clip if the music is louder than -2.5. Usually it isn't but it's not unheard of. Same with -5. -7.5 will clip if your music is louder than -7.5db. And so on

I might have to try -2.5. For now I started with -0 and the wife is asking of I need nore bass. The easy answer to that is yes. I might have too much high, but sounding way better than before my amp swap. Snowdrifter, thanks for the files. I think I might have to try a -15 on the sub amp now.

Glad I could be of help!

I wouldn't suggest using -15 on the sub though. Been there, done that. Clip city lol. Highest I'd suggest is -10, and that's if you don't listen to any sort of bassy music. TBH I'd go with the -5 or -7.5 for the sub amp

0 db shouldn't clip unless your music does. -2.5 will clip if the music is louder than -2.5. Usually it isn't but it's not unheard of. Same with -5. -7.5 will clip if your music is louder than -7.5db. And so on

exactly

• 4 months later...

old thread blah blah blah

Maybe it's been talked about but what role does Impedance rise play in this? Is the -10 across the board and doesn't matter what ohms are at? OR will the impedance rise (loss of watts more or less) allow for less clipping with the -10? Am I over thinking this or am I completely way off?

I suppose even if you are under powering your sub; if the gain is too high it's still dirty/clipping signal correct?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Think of it like this: Gain is only the ratio between input voltage and output voltage. Your goal is to set the gain as high as possible - to the highest voltage without clipping or distortion.

Not going to go into great detail, but for the sake of explanation:

Box rise is a change of impedance across a frequency range. And power is V2/R. To tie it together: You hold your amp's voltage (gain) constant. Your box rise will change based on a given frequency, and when your ohm load changes, so does your power output, in accordance with the equation above. Higher box rise = less power output.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1