Pretty durable, make sure you do atleast 5+ coats more coats easier to peel off

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

get the right distance so it doesnt make a rough surface it should be heavy coats so it can slide into an even coat but painting big parts like that i would use the spray gun vs a can,altho it will work too

I have plastidipped my wheels, emblems, gas cap door, grill, shift knob and a pretty fair portion of the trim on my dash. I also plastidipped my wife's Ipad with a carbon fiber pattern (4 times cause I kept getting the pattern crooked and she is ocd about shit like that lol). I have found that if you have chips before you dip, you will be able to see the marks after you dip as well. I suppose it is possible to put enough layers on that it smooths over the chip, but that seems like a lot of plastidip to do that lol.

Depending on how much you care about your paint, you might want to consider sanding, or even some light filler/sanding to smooth things out before dipping. Some of the coating on my wheels was flaking off.. I dipped the first wheel and could see the lines/marks where the chips were at. I sanded the chipped areas on the other 3 wheels and they are flawless. Dip seems fairly durable and the best part about it is that you can touch it up or respray in most cases. And if you can't then you just peel it off and start over with nothing lost but a little dip and some time.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

not by normal stuff. there's videos of how it'll react when you try to peel it off if you use normal clear coat. they do have different finishes tho. glossifier being one of them. i want to do a pearlizer on my truck and/or metalizer on my stock wheels (until i get new ones)

not by normal stuff. there's videos of how it'll react when you try to peel it off if you use normal clear coat. they do have different finishes tho. glossifier being one of them. i want to do a pearlizer on my truck and/or metalizer on my stock wheels (until i get new ones)

I thought pearlizer would be cool, but it lightens your base color so much that it sorta sucks lol. I tried going light with it, but then i couldn't see the effect. Even with just 1 medium coat, it takes black and turns it to about the color of the gunmetal dip. And it made my gunmetal turn almost white. I think pearlizer on a white base coat would look nice, but for the other colors I have tried I don't like it.

Metalizer is badass though. If I didn't like the looke of matte black on my wheels so much right now I would totally put some metal in there.

So far I have used black/gunmetal/metalizer/pearlizer and glossifier, as well as their carbon fiber kit. I am probably going to dip my whole car black within the next month or so I think.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Archived