Sonic Electronix

I have a 87 mustang there is 1 12in sub in the hutch floor, 1in tweeters in the dash, and 3in aluminum dome speakers in the back. I have 2 500watt Vibe amps and a JVC headunit. The problem is that when the engine is on there is noise coming from my speakers but if the engine is off and Im listening to the radio there is no noise. My power is running down my divers side and on the passenger side is the RCA and speaker cables. I also brought one of those group loop isolator for the RCA cables and its still making the noise.

Where are you grounded for your amplifier? You need to possibly.relocate your grounds. Is the metal where you have the ground sanded down to shiny metal? Pics of the ground would help in this situation. Where did you get your grounds for the HU? Did you run it from.the factory harness adapter? You may try a new grounding point behind the dash. Same thing, shiny metal sanded wherever you can behind dash. What brand RCA are you using, you may have to switch it out with a different RCA

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Have you tried grounding the sheath of your RCAs to the back of your head unit and grounding the head unit itself?

I dont know how to post pics sorry. The brand of RCA cables are stringer pro3. I had other RCA before those and they had the same problem. I tried grounding the RCA to the HU before by wrapping wires around the RCA plugs. The ground is on a plain metal surface. Also this problem happened before when i had the old RCA cables and I used the grounding trick with wrapping wires around the RCA plugs on the HU but the sound randomly came back and now it wont go away.

Archived