Sundown Audio

Trocks96

Being kind of a noob with car audio still i have a question. Im saving up for two soundstream splx 15's dual 2ohms at 1250rms. With those being the subs im saving for im trying to find a good monoblock amp. My question is i've seen amps that say 2500w rms x 1 channel, does that mean it distributes half of that 2500w to both subs giving each 1250w? I've also seen amps that only say 2500w rms, and nothing about it being one channel. Should i be looking for one that doesnt say anything about the " x 1 channel" or is an amp that says 2500w rms x 1 channel exactly what im looking for? Also im wondering about getting one amp for each subwoofer, what are the pros/cons about doing that and how would i hook them up. Thank you for sticking with me and any help is appriciated.

It means at 1ohm it does 2500rms, if you wire the subs to .5ohm each then they will be getting the rms (if they are .5 stable). Its like a math problem, if you wire them both to 1ohm then it will be a 2ohm load to the amp, make sense? If the amp says 2500 and nothing else then that will probably be what it puts out at that channel. Well mono/1 channel is the best option for subs. Having one amp compaired to two is better in such that the power from your electical isnt shared between two amps then distibuted by two amps (your alt/battery have to work a little harder to supply both with power)

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

With dual 2ohm you can wire down to 1ohm per sub which = 2ohm load all together

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

No Engine

2500 at 2ohms. I would do research and see if those subs are .5ohm stable though, if they are then you would need an amp that does 2500 at 1ohm (which is much easier to find)

No Engine

2500 at 2ohms. I would do research and see if those subs are .5ohm stable though, if they are then you would need an amp that does 2500 at 1ohm (which is much easier to find)

Umm no. You can wire subs either to 2 ohms or .5 ohms. I'd suggest against running an amp at .5 ohms, because most aren't rated for that and they draw a ton of current (meaning you can kill amp and your electrical system if it isn't strong enough to handle that much current draw. Try to find an amp that does 2500 at 2 ohms or strap two smaller amps so they share the two ohm load (meaning each amp runs at 1 ohm).

Either that or just buy some dual 4 subwoofers so that they can be wired to one ohm

This helps:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Do yourself a favour and just order d4s instead of d2's.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived