Second Skin Audio

Tline predictions?

OG BudBone

I'm heavily considering a t-line for a couple level 4 12s in my Yukon. Any idea how they'd perform? I know the qts and fs is a little high but I'm curious.

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

That would be a huge t line. My line for a single ten was52" by 18 by 18 . It would sound good imo and be pretty loud and brutal on less power

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

That would be a huge t line. My line for a single ten was52" by 18 by 18 . It would sound good imo and be pretty loud and brutal on less power

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how big it'd be while I'm waiting in court lol I have the room though, I'm sure. They'd be on a 3.5k btw

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

That is going to be loud as fuuuuuuuuuck

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

That is going to be loud as fuuuuuuuuuck

I'd like that haha

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

3.5K will be alot. I ran rms on my vvx10, and it could still bottom on low notes if I was not careful.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Chris is right, 3.5K will be quite a bit if you want it to be musical; the less power you give the woofers, the flatter the response curve will be/seem. I'd personally think 1K or less per sub would be ideal with the level 4s; should let you play to the mid/low 30s, maybe the high 20s.

I think you'd be happy with the results. After I built my first t-line, I've never considered making any other kind of enclosure.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

I'll be careful with the gain. I've had these subs for over a year now though and the suspension is pretty loose now, so should I lower the tuning a bit or keep it at the original fs 37.9?

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

I'll be careful with the gain. I've had these subs for over a year now though and the suspension is pretty loose now, so should I lower the tuning a bit or keep it at the original fs 37.9?

Either that or even try wiring the subs to a higher impedance just to see the difference. Going from ~450 Watts RMS to 600 made me need to adjust my subsonic filter due to bottoming out/cone control issues below 23 Hz; before the amp switch, I could play down to around 17-18.

I'd try to keep the tuning pretty close to the Fs because, when you tune to the Fs, it, in a sense, counteracts the higher impedance at/around the Fs so that the sub receives close to the same power throughout a larger range of frequencies. That being said, you could probably tune anywhere between 35 and 40 Hz and be good; 35 would be my pick.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

Good luck with that... The enclosure will be fucking huge... Honestly you'd be surprised how good 1 12 will sound on low power bro... The boxes are efficient as fuck

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived