Second Skin Audio

Tline predictions?

OG BudBone

Good luck with that... The enclosure will be fucking huge... Honestly you'd be surprised how good 1 12 will sound on low power bro... The boxes are efficient as fuck

Yup I did a design last night for 35hz and it's almost 13.5 cubes lol fucking massive. Only thing that's really worrying me is the port will have maybe a half inch of space in front of it since the box is 49.5 inches wide.

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

I could just make a bunch of vertical bends so the port is ontop. Damn i'm an idiot lol

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

I could just make a bunch of vertical bends so the port is ontop. Damn i'm an idiot lol

I've had that feeling a number of times lol. There are a lot of ways to route the port, the constraint on that is your usable dimensions. I was able to design one for an 18 with a 16 hz Fs (200 inch long port) that has the overall dimensions 40.25" wide, 21.5" tall, and 65" deep in order to work for my blowthrough.

Ideally, you want as few bends as possible to reduce fluid resistance; rounding the corners/bends helps the flow and keeps the port area constant.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

Good luck with that... The enclosure will be fucking huge... Honestly you'd be surprised how good 1 12 will sound on low power bro... The boxes are efficient as fuck

i have a 12 inch t-line on 350 rms i believe (RF P200.2 @2ohm bridge) and it's pretty loud

wish i had a decent camera/phone :s

I've had that feeling a number of times lol. There are a lot of ways to route the port, the constraint on that is your usable dimensions. I was able to design one for an 18 with a 16 hz Fs (200 inch long port) that has the overall dimensions 40.25" wide, 21.5" tall, and 65" deep in order to work for my blowthrough.

Ideally, you want as few bends as possible to reduce fluid resistance; rounding the corners/bends helps the flow and keeps the port area constant.

Yeah my original design was just a simple u turn, but that would mean the port would be right up against a wall which probably wouldn't be very good...I wouldn't think anyway. It has maaaaybe a half inch of clearance lol

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Yeah my original design was just a simple u turn, but that would mean the port would be right up against a wall which probably wouldn't be very good...I wouldn't think anyway. It has maaaaybe a half inch of clearance lol

That would've choked the port a bit. I believe a general rule of thumb is that you should have at least 4 inches of clearance in front of a port to prevent loading issues although it's always subjective.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

That would've choked the port a bit. I believe a general rule of thumb is that you should have at least 4 inches of clearance in front of a port to prevent loading issues although it's always subjective.
Yeah ima look at my truck later and see if I could tear away the plastic siding and see how deep she goes lol

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

DC 3.5k

Stock 140A alt

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Archived