is it batteries or my crap mtx1501d

so I bought 2 hc2400s a lil bit ago and at rest when I got them one was just over 11 and the other was like 10.6 and I have a yellow top under hood. question is im only running a mtx 1501d at 2 ohms, round 1k watts and im getting voltage drop down to 12s always and its not maintaining well, I just put in a 145amp alternator and that didn't help. driving around voltage doesn't get to 14v and at idle its 13.5 without having system turned up. my amp ive had more than 4 years and has fried a few times and has been sent back and rebuilt and I just don't feel like its up to its potential anymore and just sucking juice, was thinking of getting a saz1200 or 1500 but not if its gonna drop just like what I have going right now. oh and when I was running at 4 ohms it was still doing the same shit. im pushing 2 Fi 18 btln2.

ive seen on here plenty of guys running 2500-3500watts with stock alt and one extra battery at 1ohm daily and doing just fine, so why with mine of 2 hc2400s and optima and a 145amp alt at 1k watts am I having a problem?

that shouldn't happen I run hc2000 two of them on 4k and I have no drop below 13.5 did you charge your batts first if not I would charge them first

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I think they were doa too but I read also that agms can be very low and still be charged back up but im not positive on that since im getting this bad voltage drop. I have big 3 1/0 and 1/0 running to batteries in back and to each other all 1/0, running 8g to subs, I have no agm charger so I dindnt charge them when I got them but I hooked them up and drove around 2 days before I cranked on it I kept volume low and amp turned down, seems to just be getting worse. im gonna unhook batteries tomorrow after work but tonight immediately after driving around batts were 12.4 and I understand that's not that great should be more like 12.8 and I will check in the morning before work as well

Did you charge the batts becore instalation or did you put them in at 11 volts...

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

Charge them and see what the resting voltage is after a couple of days. If its still that low then they are DOA

Edit: You could also take them to an autoparts store and have them tested I think.

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

well I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got a skar 2500.1, slapped it in dd-1 cc-1 later and I was off and running with little voltage drop, so It was definitely my crappy mtx 1501d. thanks for all the responses and help

Archived