Sonic Electronix

Hello all. Like all of you, I love my fair share of bass. I'm currently finishing up high school, and am currently running an old setup my dad helped me set up. 2 Sony xplod 12" subs (The old 12" Gravity's kept popping the safety on amps) on a Diamond Audio Technology DS 1200.1 amp, 4 Sony Xplod Speakers (not sure on size, want to say 6.5") off the stereo (no amp), all in a good old '01 Saturn.

I have a couple of questions and concerns that I could really use answered for me...

My lights love to dim when hitting heavy notes. I have a decent sized capacitor right next to the amp, but am currently running the stock alternator and what I believe is the stock battery. Am I simply not getting enough juice from my alternator? Would a battery upgrade/replacement be suggested?

Adding on to that last statement... I would love to learn more about all the electrical knowledge and jazz that most of you here know, but I just don't know where to start. I have basic common knowledge of everything from construction to electrical, but can somebody point me in the right direction for audio related electrical? :)

In the near future, I want to upgrade the system to get a bigger, better quality sound. My current system can hit hard, and plays nice for the daily needs, but I want something bigger for those crazy nights out on the road. Again, I just don't know where to start. I'm looking at almost no budget now due to school, but in a few months time I want to put 1,000-2,000 into upgrades/replacements in my system. Where do you guys recommend starting?

After reading through all kinds of posts here on the forums, I decided to start my own in an effort to get clearer answers and to give me a nice shove in the right direction. :) Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

-Chris

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome to the forums

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Change out the battery for the largest that you can fit and do the Big 3 upgrade. Make sure your grounds are good. Should help and welcome

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

First of all, get rid of the sony xplods and get some decent subs. also for the electrical, a better battery or alt under the hood should help with the dimming.

-Brendan

Thanks. The sony xplod's are from when my dad had a system, and as you can see from the post I want to upgrade lol. The old Gravity subs were nice, but something wasn't working right with the speakers on various amps and we decided to stash them away in the back of the garage.

Change out the battery for the largest that you can fit and do the Big 3 upgrade. Make sure your grounds are good. Should help and welcome

Grounds are already verified as good. I believe i'm running 2 Awg but can look into fitting 1/0.

Welcome Chris.

1995 Blazer 4x4 4 door

Hu-Pioneer DEH-1200MP

Subs- (2) Alpine Type R 12s SWR-1223d

Sub Amp-Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bd CP

Mids- Kicker DS60 coax

Mids amp-Rockford Fosgate Punch 250 A2

Wiring-2 awg OFC power&grounds

91bed57b-e330-45b2-9757-19906596442a_zps4110c8d9.jpg

Do the big 3 that will help with dimming and getting power to your amps.

And welcome to the forum

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

First of all, get rid of the sony xplods and get some decent subs. also for the electrical, a better battery or alt under the hood should help with the dimming.

-Brendan

Thanks. The sony xplod's are from when my dad had a system, and as you can see from the post I want to upgrade lol. The old Gravity subs were nice, but something wasn't working right with the speakers on various amps and we decided to stash them away in the back of the garage.

lol i would recommend 2 skar audio vvx 12's if you want to stay with 2 12's and a skar audio sk-1500 for the amp and as tdsa23 siad the big 3 upgrade would also help with the dimming

but DAMN those black women are fucking scary

facebook.com/brendan.laliberte.3

Archived