Sundown Audio

5.5 should be enough for the 18 but i would add some power. also if your looking for a zv.3 18 i know a guy selling a bunch.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

I am from Israel, it would be expensive to buy directly from your guy. (shippment would be around 300$ or more)

the dealer in my country have a better price.

is 0.75" MDF is enough for this sub ?

its not too thin ?

No need to do 1". 6cu for the 18 is fine but you're still underpowering it. Better take some measurements though. Don't want to build the box then have it not fit OR you can build it inside the trunk.

i did measurements, I can build a new box that is a little taller than the old one.

my old enclosure is 1" mdf.

making the enclosure 0.75" + making it a little taller gives me extra 1 c.f

about the power, will be upgrading in the future.

in my country all audio parts are very expensive

for example. DC 2k amp here cost around 920$

Edited by UDI

If you go on the sundown website you'll actuallu see the zv3 18 is recommended at 4cbft so 4.5 will be good for an 18 In my opinion

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

First of all I wouldn't put a zv.3/zv.4 15 in a 4.5 cube box. The 18? Yes but not the 15.

If you are planning on sticking with a 1.6k amp then you could do 3.2 cubes at 35hz for the 15 or 4.7 cubes @ 33 for the 18. I currently have the zv3 15 in a 3.5 cube @ 31hz box off a saz-2500 and I can bottom it out,I upgraded to a aq 3500.1 and it just turns the subs output into heat. Stick with sundowns recommended enclosure size and you will be happy. personally I would try the 18 because of the lack of output from the amp,efficiency should help a little with an 18

Edit* btw whatever box you go with dont forget your gonna need another cube or two for your port area if your doing a slot ported enclosure

Edited by slowfkncar

First of all I wouldn't put a zv.3/zv.4 15 in a 4.5 cube box. The 18? Yes but not the 15.

If you are planning on sticking with a 1.6k amp then you could do 3.2 cubes at 35hz for the 15 or 4.7 cubes @ 33 for the 18. I currently have the zv3 15 in a 3.5 cube @ 31hz box off a saz-2500 and I can bottom it out,I upgraded to a aq 3500.1 and it just turns the subs output into heat. Stick with sundowns recommended enclosure size and you will be happy. personally I would try the 18 because of the lack of output from the amp,efficiency should help a little with an 18

Edit* btw whatever box you go with dont forget your gonna need another cube or two for your port area if your doing a slot ported enclosure

i am going to build a new enclosure.

and i cant do slot port, not enough space (my box has slanted back, like the rear seats) , its going to be two 6" aeroports (around 26" length)

the box im gonna build will be 6.5 cubes (all of my trunk) and 1 cube is going to be for ports

so its 1 cube for port, and 5.5 cubes for the sub (maybe make more port area?), on 1.6k amp (1 ohm) and xs power d2400 battery

here is a picture of my old box with my small trunk

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/15/boxxxx.jpg

the new box will in the same shape, just like 2-3 inch taller (because the sub will not be at the top)

and i am going for the 18

Edited by UDI

i am going to build a new enclosure.

and i cant do slot port, not enough space (my box has slanted back, like the rear seats) , its going to be two 6" aeroports (around 26" length)

the box im gonna build will be 6.5 cubes (all of my trunk) and 1 cube is going to be for ports

so its 1 cube for port, and 5.5 cubes for the sub (maybe make more port area?), on 1.6k amp (1 ohm) and xs power d2400 battery

here is a picture of my old box with my small trunk

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/15/boxxxx.jpg

the new box will in the same shape, just like 2-3 inch taller (because the sub will not be at the top)

and i am going for the 18

I love how this guy just told you what size box you need and why, but yet you go bigger lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows