Second Skin Audio

Fi options and detailed specs

I sold my BL yesterday, not I want to start building my new box for a SP4 that I intend to order next week. where can I find specs on basket size, magnet o/d and thickness? I'd like to have the box ready to tune when I get the sub.

nothing, gutted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the website has some info but i need more spesific info. such as the dimentions of thebasket so i can build internal bracing around it, the max excursion (i think thats what its called) so i know how far from the trim of the sub the speaker will pop out. i need to know how large the rear magnet is so i can build my braces to hold it. i want to build the box while i wait for it to be shipped.

nothing, gutted

everything is on the website

Sub OD: 15.625” | 15.625” Cut ID: 14.125” | 14.125” Mounting depth: 11.250” | 11.250” Displacement: 0.21cuft | 0.21cuft

the info im looking for that is not on the website is as follows

diamiter of magnet

hight of magnet itself

diamiter of basket as it progresses backwards towards the magnet (my braces will be cut with semi circles to acomodate the basket), merhaps 3 or 4 measurments down the basket depth so i know the angles

how far out the sub will move from the outside rim of the mounting face.

i think thats everything

nothing, gutted

What kind of bracing are you building?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i had a rough box design on here a while ago, ill try to find a basic picture: this is a concept design, not a final build but the final is the same general setup just a bit different dimentions. its all 3/4MDF,. you can see in the center a ring around the circle, the ring is a peace of hard plastic like rubber that will be attached to the 4 wood stand offs to support the rear magnet.

7dfqyp1.jpg

nothing, gutted

Archived