Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan

I must say....I LOVE ME A SHOEBOX FORD!!!! I personally wouldnt do flat black ... way to overplayed now. But what would look great is a deep brandywine exterior with all stainless and chrome restored and cleaned. Now for the interior....I think a nice saddle (deep tan) leather with a lighter tan "tuck n roll" insert on the front and back seats. Door and quarter panels to match the seats with chrome or polished hardware.

Now I know the stance of these shoeboxes at stock height seem a bit tall. I think a mustang II front with a parallel 4 link w/ panhard rear on some coilovers would give the drop 3-5". Also a way to keep a "stock" apearance wheel wise there is a company that manufactures 18"-22" "steelie" style wheels for really good prices. which you can paint a nice contrasting color (creme or bronze) and you could run an old ford "V8" style hub cap.

I would definately run an old "flathead" with a 4-speed to a nice solid 9" rear.

Dont do any crazy body mods....I love the lines and all factory aspects. but doing suspension, rims, and a stylish interior will definately turn heads. Then when you add in a stealth high end stereo....O....M....G.... WINNING!!!!

Loking forward to this bro!! I wish I lived closer!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Tuned in for this. Might give me some ideas in case I can get a hold of a classic one day. :fing34:

great find man, tuned in for whatever is in store. Gotta love a Ford

loving the car Randal!!!!

Thank you Guys !!!

I should be back to work on it this weekend ... Gonna get the brakes back together, get the wheels and tires back on and start on that electrical system ... I want to take this ride around the block !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Tuned in for this. Might give me some ideas in case I can get a hold of a classic one day. :fing34:

>great find man, tuned in for whatever is in store. Gotta love a Ford

loving the car Randal!!!!

Thank you Guys !!!

I should be back to work on it this weekend ... Gonna get the brakes back together, get the wheels and tires back on and start on that electrical system ... I want to take this ride around the block !!!

That's the biggest thing man, once you get it to a driving state you have that incentive to make progress on it. When things don't run you forget about them. After seeing this I think I'm gonna get to wrenching on my ol Mercedes again I miss cruising in that thing 68 Mercedes Benz 280sl.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

:P

395744_563491630349805_1939818093_n.jpg

lol kidding, but in all seriousness I can't wait to see what this turns into!! It'll be sweet! 1 thing I might suggest is LED exterior lighting like LED taillight bulbs, just to add a modern badass spin on an epic classic :)

Also, one thing I've noticed is almost any color will look good on this car :)

std_49_ford_2_door_sedan_lead_sled_rear.

Another cool thing, I google "1949 Ford 2 Door Custom Sedan" and your truck comes up in the search results, about 13 rows down :P

Other than that, I got no words beyond DO WORK! :D

EDIT: Also, may I suggest a paintjob idea? lol kidding obviously

thumbs_EMOK-Picdump-257_071.jpg

:phatyo:

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

I must say....I LOVE ME A SHOEBOX FORD!!!! I personally wouldnt do flat black ... way to overplayed now. But what would look great is a deep brandywine exterior with all stainless and chrome restored and cleaned. Now for the interior....I think a nice saddle (deep tan) leather with a lighter tan "tuck n roll" insert on the front and back seats. Door and quarter panels to match the seats with chrome or polished hardware.

Now I know the stance of these shoeboxes at stock height seem a bit tall. I think a mustang II front with a parallel 4 link w/ panhard rear on some coilovers would give the drop 3-5". Also a way to keep a "stock" apearance wheel wise there is a company that manufactures 18"-22" "steelie" style wheels for really good prices. which you can paint a nice contrasting color (creme or bronze) and you could run an old ford "V8" style hub cap.

I would definately run an old "flathead" with a 4-speed to a nice solid 9" rear.

Dont do any crazy body mods....I love the lines and all factory aspects. but doing suspension, rims, and a stylish interior will definately turn heads. Then when you add in a stealth high end stereo....O....M....G.... WINNING!!!!

Loking forward to this bro!! I wish I lived closer!

If I had the money for most of this, I'd be all over it ... Would be nice to have your expert knowledge help on this ...

But unless something goes bad wrong, the motor, transmission, rear end, front and rear suspension will stay stock until October after Car Audio Unified World Finals in Huntsville, Alabama ... Its all running great and I have TONS of other things to work on that needs more attention ...

I may convert it to a floor shifter as I do not care for a standard column shift in a car ...

Honnestly, I never knew that you could hook up a later model transmission to a Flat head motor ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

That's the biggest thing man, once you get it to a driving state you have that incentive to make progress on it. When things don't run you forget about them. After seeing this I think I'm gonna get to wrenching on my ol Mercedes again I miss cruising in that thing 68 Mercedes Benz 280sl.

I'd really like to see that car !!!

395744_563491630349805_1939818093_n.jpg

Now THIS is just too cool !!!

1 thing I might suggest is LED exterior lighting like LED taillight bulbs, just to add a modern badass spin on an epic classic :)

Also, one thing I've noticed is almost any color will look good on this car :)

std_49_ford_2_door_sedan_lead_sled_rear.

I'm sponsored by Hyper Automotive LEDs and HIDs ... so you know I'm going "big air" with this one ...

That is a 2 door custom coupe ... Not a sedan like mine. but a very nice looking car ... but not the look I'm going for ...

Something like this ...

1207sr-37-z+ronald-smith-1949-ford-sedan

Here you go bud:

null_zpsd5236786.jpg

VERY NICE RIDE !!!

Archived