Sundown Audio

My power supply is fine i just wanted to hear from people that are actually running or have run any of the 2 amps above at .5ohms and what fuse sizes did they use. Yes i know they no longer warranty amps below 1ohm, also a lot of people drive daily with .5 ohm not just for competition.

Define fine power supply. Im guessing its not a 250 amp alt and a couple extra batteries.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My buddy ran a saz3500 @ .5 ohm in my Jeep on the Mechman 270a and a d3100 in back.

I ran a saz3000 @ .7 ohm in my jeep on the mechman 270a and a deka group 31 in back.

Both ran daily without issues for several months but ya that was with an ho alt so...

My buddy ran a saz3500 @ .5 ohm in my Jeep on the Mechman 270a and a d3100 in back.

I ran a saz3000 @ .7 ohm in my jeep on the mechman 270a and a deka group 31 in back.

Both ran daily without issues for several months but ya that was with an ho alt so...

I'll throw in that I run at a quarter ohm but I have a very very large amount of impedance rise at the frequencies I usually play. I also have a h/o alternator and do not recommend that anyone run an amp below .5 daily unless they don't care about the their equipment's well being. I except these risks and won't be surprised if anything happens to my amp, subs, or even electrical from such a large amount of draw and unsafe load. But I can get away with it by the hair of my chin impedance wise.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

AIl am trying to find out is what is the max size any 2500 or 3500 user or tester has used and if they have used more than 250amp fuse when @.5 ohms on 2500 no flash remarks just facts. No n8ball2013 not using the equipment you described, Using saz 2500@ .5ohms right now with 3 banner agm batteries 2 more batteries to come and original 150amp alt with external regulator driving charge on batts is 14.6v - 14.7v when I compete in a United Kingdom format call Propperdroppers I turn external regulator up to 15.1v – 15.2v, we test 20hz 25hz 33hz 40hz then you find your peak hz then divide by 5. Which is the number of different scores that have been achieved.

By doing this we get the TOTAL AVERAGE score achieved, as of last weekend on its first outing with new batteries the amps @just before the 11 position on 16 x 12” subs 8 subs per amp averaged 151.1db which was all without setting anything up so I have a bit more to come.

Thanks to all who have commented, I will stick with the 250amp cheers.

Edited by thecat666