Krakin's Single Cab '03 Sierra

Amp side is mocked up.

null_zps40393285.jpg

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Look at this sexy mileage from after 10 years. And this stupid pollen is everywhere.

I just sold a 06 z71 SLT crew cab with 82K. 37k is outstanding.....

Telling the truth I wouldn't mind having that truck. Single cab just limits everything I can do with it.

Edit: I also bought the truck September of '11 with it only having 27k.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

null_zpsede37de4.jpg

null_zps2190b9a7.jpg

I do have quite a bit of port noise from the single 4" port. I am going to head to Lowes tomorrow and see if they have any 3" x 60" pvc in stock.

Are the edges of both ends of the port sanded down smooth so as to take the sharp edges off? Im sure that would help a little with the port noise

1995 Blazer 4x4 4 door

Hu-Pioneer DEH-1200MP

Subs- (2) Alpine Type R 12s SWR-1223d

Sub Amp-Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bd CP

Mids- Kicker DS60 coax

Mids amp-Rockford Fosgate Punch 250 A2

Wiring-2 awg OFC power&grounds

91bed57b-e330-45b2-9757-19906596442a_zps4110c8d9.jpg

Are the edges of both ends of the port sanded down smooth so as to take the sharp edges off? Im sure that would help a little with the port noise

I've thought about it but I am going to have to redo the baffle with a ring on the inside to be able to screw it in again, because I messed up the placement of a couple t-nuts when making the original baffle.

2 3 inch ports is perfect for a 10, imo. You know the heatgun/waterbowl flare trick right?

Take a water bowl from your dog, and a badass heatgun, for heat shrink and shit, heat up the inside of the waterbowl and press it into the end(s) of the pvc. Just wear some leather gloves or something first lol.

And another hint, when you do your port retaining ring, use a router and like a 1/4 bit on both sides, so glue will seep down both sides and seal it. I did that on both sides of my box's port wall and didn't even do a port holder other than the wall, for both ports. Hasn't broken yet after like 3 months of whatever of playing.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

2 3 inch ports is perfect for a 10, imo. You know the heatgun/waterbowl flare trick right?

Take a water bowl from your dog, and a badass heatgun, for heat shrink and shit, heat up the inside of the waterbowl and press it into the end(s) of the pvc. Just wear some leather gloves or something first lol.

And another hint, when you do your port retaining ring, use a router and like a 1/4 bit on both sides, so glue will seep down both sides and seal it. I did that on both sides of my box's port wall and didn't even do a port holder other than the wall, for both ports. Hasn't broken yet after like 3 months of whatever of playing.

I'll have to look into that port trick.

I fell asleep today and forgot to head to lowes. So after school I'll probably head down there.

You can also see I tried a new way off sealing the port off since I broke my tube of RTV. I put wood glue around the edges and mixed in some of the dust in it and it made a good seal.

My only concern right now is how I am going to redo my port side. Thinking of just cutting out another piece and Just cut another that size and cut holes through both of those.

That's what I'd do. Drill holes and use a jigsaw lol. Your shit is so clean for bare mdf. Any plans on painting it yet? I think white/black would look killer

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived