Amp wire from alt?

That's what I do. If all your electrical pieces are connected it doesn't make a difference. Battery and alt are in parallel. So whichever one you choose to draw from doesn't matter. I haven't noticed any difference doing it either way.

I did it because it saves some wire clutter. You could even make the argument that from the alt is better since it's one less connection for the current to travel

as long as the big 3 is done in 1/0 or bigger

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

so whats the point of batts?

Start your car, they have SOME capacitance which helps to stabilize your voltage, and to assist your alternator when current demand exceeds what it can put out

That's what I do. If all your electrical pieces are connected it doesn't make a difference. Battery and alt are in parallel. So whichever one you choose to draw from doesn't matter. I haven't noticed any difference doing it either way.

I did it because it saves some wire clutter. You could even make the argument that from the alt is better since it's one less connection for the current to travel

Agreed, but u definitely need a battery lol. Can't run JUST an alt

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived