I finally broke a windsheild!!!!!(UPDATE MAY 20th) New Peak 152.3 @ 28 Hz

That looks Brutal!

Diggin' the beard too. I am going on 6 months. lol

lol i gotta shave mine its about 8-9 months my first beard lol

I wanna see you your Termlab score

ill have some posted whn i get back from the show on the 20th. But i had the same size box tuned a little higher in the golf it peaked at 51hz i believe, and hit a 147.8 a week after i got them on about 1.5-2k from a XXX4000D. The American Bass is way more efficent though should deffinatly be a 150. ive blasted the old setup all day long now i cant touch the bass knob without earmuffs. lol

Did the cracking start where the mirror was mounted on the windshield? Kind of looks like it in the vid.

Looks like its doing work either way though.

yeah. blasting some lil wayne it started there, it looked just like a spider with 8 long legs lol then i got flagged down by another basshead that heard me drive by his work and i stop for a demo and play some of his music and completely totaled it i think if i would have took the mirror off it wouldnt have happened but im leaving it turned down until after the show.

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds brutal for sure!

congrats on first windshield lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

was your rearview attached at first? donjt put it back on when you put the new windshield in i

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Like previously said don't put the mirror back on. I had gone through 3 windshields just from that damn mirror being on and taking a chunk of glass the size of a quarter and about half the thickness of the glass with it. It had a little spider crack but never spread after the mirror fell off. I kept re-attaching the mirror on the 2 other windshields and it kept taking bigger chunks of glass everytime. Now all I use the mirror for is to help me back up out of a tight spot but when I drive the mirror is thrown in the passenger seat.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Well last year on a SS XXX4000D i was doing 147.8 db @ 51hz, legal. in a 14 cu @ 36hz ported box, its now a 14 cu @ 32 hz wall on an American Bass 500.1, my new peak is at 28hz, can anyone guess any numbers?

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

oh well ill tell you anyway lol. 152.3 @ 28Hz.

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

Peaking at 28hz > 51hz

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived