Here is the dilemma I don't know a whole lot about what Im doing. I currently have a single 10" Kicker Comp. It does decent but i like my bass and i want to upgrade. Im getting 2 Rockford Fosgate P2's plus an amp to push them. In a basic box most of the room in the back seat area of my extended cab Chevy Colorado would be taken up, so I wanna build a bigger box and take the whole area up. My concern is the box will be to big. I have checked the specs and the box design i have drawn up has about 4.06 cubic feet while 2 P2's maxed out only need 2.8 cubic feet. Would this be a wise decision? My next though is to go ahead and put 3 subs in the box which would bring my total needed space up to 4.2 cubic feet. But im getting a extremely good deal on just 2 subs from a very respectable friend and don't want to fork out the rear end for another. Please help me out here. Thanks DJ.

If your on a budget i'd say go smaller on the design so you don't have to buy another sub. If you have the money for the third sub and your amp will push all three fine go for the bigger design and put three in there.

That's my suggestion based off of what you've said with no looking into specs on any of the equipment myself.

If your on a budget i'd say go smaller on the design so you don't have to buy another sub. If you have the money for the third sub and your amp will push all three fine go for the bigger design and put three in there.

That's my suggestion based off of what you've said with no looking into specs on any of the equipment myself.

Ok thanks i have both boxes drawn up and all. I gonna try and figure out if i can get the third one or not. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joe f
      I'm looking at building my first 4th order for a sundown zv4 rev2 15"d2. I have experience building custom boxes but have never built a bandpass. I'm not sure on what ratio to go with. I like lows but would really like something musical. It's going in a extended cab f150 powered by a shark [email protected] Could someone tell me how many cubes for the sealed and ported side and how many sqin my port should be and what's the best to tune it at? Any info is greatly appreciated!
    • By Sam B
      Looking for an cheaper replacement bass knob for my Rockford Punch700s (2000-2003). I'm sure you guys have covered this topic before on the forum but I'm new and it's driving me crazy. I can't justify spending $60-100 on a simple potentiometer and a phone cable. Thanks in advance.
    • By Meeklo916
      Right now I have installed:
      JVC KW-V50BT Indash 
      2- 12in Rockford P3D4 powered by R1200.1D
      Cheap ported box
      4ga OFC power 
      2- 5x7 Apline Type S, 2- 5x7 JBL GTO8629 powered by R400.4D
      Shuriken SK-BT45

As of 9/20/17:
      I'm laying down some fatmat 50mil in the trunk/backseat area. 
      Skyhigh big 3 0ga upgrade
      Skyhigh 4ga OFC power and ground

• By SoundofLife
      Right now I have a T3 components in the doors, T1652s in the rear (T400-4 amp) and 2 P212s (R5001xd 619 @ 1 ohm birthsheet). Ive been looking all over for an upgrade, first I thought maybe T015s and a T1500 amp. That set up would've costed me 3500 and it would've just been a big ass box in my sedan's trunk, likely not what the subwoofers really want or need. I then bought some 12s HDC3s and I sold them to someone else after being convinced the same thing. I started looking into DD and the size of their boxes are crazy big (and I do not want one subwoofer). So now I'm looking at having four P3D410s in a "show build" powered by 2 prime 1200s. With that said, I'd have more than double the cone area and more than double the power (does this mean I'll increase by 6 decibels?) 

What do you think of the build in question? Will I be impressed? Should I get a box for this or should I let them just make this "show build"? Meaning they'd want me to appear at shows to show off their work. I'll answer all questions! Links to videos of your own 10s would be acceptable as well. 
    • By Smoove
      This is a slow build log because I need to get the truck running again first.

Mods done to the truck over the years
      305 5.0 replaced with a crate 5.7 350 330hp 400ftlb torque Auburn Posi with 4:10 gears Shorty headers Full Flowmaster dual exhaust from the headers back 18" Dante Designs wheels licensed with the Cragar Logo. Like only 200 sets were made from what I am told. shaved door handles smoothy front bumper Stillen Phantom grill BIG 3 stinger HPM 0/1 Mechman 370 and 250 hairpin Alt, and JS 350 hairpin Alt Rear bench replaced with custom mounted fold up jump seats. Billet Dash Belltech 2" 4" drop kit Energy Suspension Polyurathane bushings Body mounts, sway bar, control arm Edelbrock performer IAS shocks 96 computer replaced with 2002 GM 0411 PCM (easier to mod) Dyno tuned XS s3400 under the hood Automatic 4L60e to Manual NV3500 transmission swap. Luk Clutch Hurst short throw shifter kit High performance distributor from DUI distributors new carpet new Corbeau racing buckets Custom center console Leaf spring helpers still to be done
      Fiberglass doors Vinyl head liner Seal off blowthrough Vmax Manifold/plenum Spacer get retuned on the Dyno Caddy tail lights Equipment purchased for the System so far
      Copper CNF battery terminals 150' Sound Quest Hybrid 1/0 70% OFC / 30% CCA 2 Power T2000 Rockford Fosgate 2 Fi SP4 15's with the new surround 1 Power T15004 Rockford Fosgate 3 sets of Fosgate T1675-s for the doors 4 Rockford fosgate P2D4 8's 3 sheets of 3/4 MDF 72sqft of sound deadener 6 Datasafe 135ah UPS batteries Alpine IVA -105 HU Still to purchase for the System
      1 set 4x6's for rear fill And finally what I have for sound today
      Crappy $90 Kenwood to get me buy (My cda-7878 died) 3 1/2" Fosgate mids for rear fill (powered by headunit) 4" Fosgate mids in each door (powered by headunit) 1" Alpine Tweeters in each door (powered by headunit) 2 Fosgate 8" D4 tuned 35hz 1 Fosgate punch 500.2 bridged to 500 @ 4ohm And now for pics of the truck and what it looks like today.

used pedal assembly for tranny swap

1 of 2 new seats

Hurst short throw shift kit

Performance Distributor

The POWER

The Mess as it sits today

And here is the box plan for after the truck runs again

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)