New Tenney HO Alt Problems

A friend and I installed the 350 amp tenney alt with transpo regulator on wednesday night with the knob turned all the way down without a four pin relay and started the truck and everything sounded and looked fine. Not 12 hours later the front battery which was the only battery hooked up that night was found dead with no charge at all so had to jump start the truck and once did noticed a sound coming from the alt and then a smell then turned the truck off and 8 hours later battery still dead. Then we try starting the truck again then and this time was investigating the alt and then saw smoke and turned the truck off. Unhooked the field wire and got no sound, smell, heat, or smoke. Have been starting the truck and driving it without the field wire plugged in and it sounds fine. Once field wire plugged in sound starts and eventually leads to other symptoms mentioned before. Now today saturday, We put a 30 amp relay in and it's still doing the same thing. Sound, heat, smell and eventually smoke. While unplugged nothing looks damaged and doesn't make sounds like somethings loose in the alt or moving around. As of now the alt is still mounted in truck and isn't hooked up.

Any help/suggestions would gladly be appreciated.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear, with the amount of problems and issues people keep having, it seems like they're nothing more than rebadged powerbastards alts.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I swear, with the amount of problems and issues people keep having, it seems like they're nothing more than rebadged powerbastards alts.

thats what happens when the company uses used components....tongue twister.

edit: why do you think tenney alts are so much cheaper than the big guys like dc power and mechman?

edit: why do you think tenney alts are so much cheaper than the big guys like dc power and mechman?

This.

Low ass price + lifetime warranty = warning.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Listen to Kranny

I've never heard anyone having problems with them. Even the car audio dealer up in ND where I got it from has had many of them and never heard problems with them. So far though customer service hasn't been bad at all. I'm very interested to see what happens with it when I get another reply back.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Archived