New Tenney HO Alt Problems

FUCK EM, go mechman, dc, or singer,

It's on my mind as a option for sure. Nobody is perfect so I'm going to give it another shot with this tenney and send it in.

honestly, i have never seen anything about tenney alts except for posts similar to yours, thats the only threads i have ever seen them in, give it another shot i guess, but really, you could just be wasting more money on something that needs more money wasted on it again.

Gotta draw a line at some point and just get something that is reliable.

XS-power1.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it might be cheaper then mechman and DC but after shipping it back to him then back to you every few months will end up costing more.. get your money back and go mechman or DC power.. later on it will only be paper weight and no refund available

well it might be cheaper then mechman and DC but after shipping it back to him then back to you every few months will end up costing more.. get your money back and go mechman or DC power.. later on it will only be paper weight and no refund available

problem with refund is I bought the alt and regulator together both during the winter last year in December i believe. It will all work out. I'm human I have made mistakes and will make some more I'm sure.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Haven't read the entire thread... I'm tired...

Couple questions: what was your charging voltage? Knob turned all the way down on my regulator = 13v. Which would explain the dead battery.

WHAT, exactly was smoking? Alt? Wires? Regulator?

And have you done the big 3?

I went to get a quote on facebook a week ago from Tenny Alts. and it said to use a different FB page he has and to ask in a message don't post it on the board. I typed it out and hit send then it said for a dollar donation I could have my message go to his inbox if not it will go to his "other" inbox. WTF really. But I must have pissed him off cause after I told him what I was looking for I said his page looked similar to Rush Power Systems, and the reply I got back said they don't build any alternators for my car at the time??? Huh,ok but I only said that because he asked for a dollar for the quote. Just my experience with him.

And while I'm thinking: measure the voltage on the regulator with the car off. Confirm that your relay is working and that the regulator turns off with the car.

If it stays on it can give you a dead battery. An alt trying to charge a dead battery, especially a cheap one with little cooling, will get very hot

And while I'm thinking: measure the voltage on the regulator with the car off. Confirm that your relay is working and that the regulator turns off with the car.

If it stays on it can give you a dead battery. An alt trying to charge a dead battery, especially a cheap one with little cooling, will get very hot

correct and also if your truck has an alarm it could be faulty and drains your battery

With knob all the way down charging on the alt is 13.8 at idle once revved up it goes too 14.2. It's charging the same voltage as the other HO alt being controlled via engine computer.

Alternator starts smoking. Yes big 3 has been done.

I've tested the relay its working fine no dead battery.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

singer alts also have a lifetime warranty

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

If the manufacturer doesn't have a real facility with staff (at least one guy that does nothing other than talk with customers) move on. After you ship the alt back 4 times and drop 160+ on shipping and then the guy folds up shop your warranty is worthless... Not talking shit about Tenny, just about small alts shops in general.

I went down that road with Iraggi and got my ass handed to me. Steer clear of these fly by night companies man...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived