head gasket or piston rings

bad head gasket will let oil get to the coolant from the cooling jackets and your oil will tell the story.

I have never seen a head gasket put water in the oil, sometimes on a "V" engine it might if coolant runs down into the valley and gets past the valves. A cracked block can do that though, and sometimes a cracked head might. 99% of the time it's cracked block though, regardless of the crap you hear on the internet.

bad head gasket will let oil get to the coolant from the cooling jackets and your oil will tell the story.

I have never seen a head gasket put water in the oil, sometimes on a "V" engine it might if coolant runs down into the valley and gets past the valves. A cracked block can do that though, and sometimes a cracked head might. 99% of the time it's cracked block though, regardless of the crap you hear on the internet.

Vortec Chevys are good for blowing the intake gasket and dumping water in the oil. If not caught in time this will also ruin an engine fairly quick.

I have been busy trying to figure it what's wrong through process of elimination, i have come to the conclusion that its not the gasket or piston ring but a faulty injector, tomorrow I'm going to remove the fuel rails and see what's going on

I think you are on to something here. just read through this thread and I was going to suggest looking into a faulty injector. As far as rings and oil - do you get any blue smoke out of the tail pipe ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Vortec Chevys are good for blowing the intake gasket and dumping water in the oil. If not caught in time this will also ruin an engine fairly quick.

I have been busy trying to figure it what's wrong through process of elimination, i have come to the conclusion that its not the gasket or piston ring but a faulty injector, tomorrow I'm going to remove the fuel rails and see what's going on

I think you are on to something here. just read through this thread and I was going to suggest looking into a faulty injector. As far as rings and oil - do you get any blue smoke out of the tail pipe ?

no smoke just gas smell, just pulled the spark plug and its black and smells like fuel, but it shouldnt because i disconnected the injector

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Im pretty sure running with an injector disconnected would make it run like crap. With the injector connected put the tip of a long screwdriver against it and put your ear up to the handle. It works like a stethoscope. You should be able to hear the injector working. If it isnt clicking the injector isnt working and should be replaced

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

• 3 weeks later...

Archived