Second Skin Audio

Need new box plans

ok im going to go as simple and clean looking as possible thinking 2 subs on one side port on the other insted of middle .less wood walls i gotta use up

Something like this on the small side:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz
Vb = 3 ft^3

External Height = 14 in
External Width = 33.5 in
External Depth = 18.25 in

Port Width = 3 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 29 3/4 x 12 1/2
Back = 33 1/2 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides:
Side 1 = 16 3/4 x 12 1/2
Side 2 = 17 1/2 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 33 1/2 x 18 1/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 13 3/4 x 12 1/2
Extension = 3 3/4 x 12 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

2PFSFaltSB_zpse98ae6d1.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 3" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

cool ill get his measurements and see if that will work looks like it will he had his subs facing forward not sealed i am gunna tell him face these back or build a wall behind the box ported forward with no flip down seats is that a good idea?

Subs/port back makes sense, if the seats don't fold down you can open up the rear deck and seal off behind it but is it really worth the trouble for those?? I really don't think so, just tell him to go easy on the power and engage the subsonic filter if the amp has one, old subs can fail easy.

• 1 month later...

joe ! so now i am going to be building a box for 4 12s ported in a grand marquis think the max dimensions are about 40.5 wide 24 height 24 deep subs port up

need a cutsheet

• 2 months later...

alright those boxes came out decent but now i swapped again and will be getting 4 new pioneer champion series 12s That will be installed in a chrysler 300C id prefer to face forward in some what a 4th order ported where the seats flip down rather than a basic 2 up 2 back style prefab

Archived